Hey, Canucks, are you okay up there??

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, fruitbat, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 pm

Well I'm glad everything is ok down there for you! As for us, everything is fine here in Seattle, it's the outlying areas that are still suffering. FEMA has yet to arrive and the Red Cross is taking care of a lot of folks. Many people have lost their homes and/or farms to this. They also have no clean water available to them and have to get fresh water from firetrucks or boil it. They finally were able to reopen that 20 mile stretch of 1-5 that had previously been under ten feet of water...There's a good chunk of people without power still.

My mom told me about a story she heard on the radio last week. A family who owned a cattle farm had flooding that reached the first floor of their house, so they had to retreat to the second floor to escape. They were trapped and had to listen to the sounds of all their cattle drowning over the course of an hour or two. Can you imagine how terrible that must have been?

We'll recover though. We always do. I just hope it's soon!
-Foodie

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:53 am

What a miserable tale of woe. . . poor animals. Poor people. And what a shitty time of year to be dealing with this kind of thing!
I'm glad to hear you're holding up, Foodie!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Oh my god, thats AWFUL!!

Am sending good thoughts down your way, Foodie, as well as prayers and sympathy to all who've been affected.

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:34 pm

Thanks! We'll make it! I have faith!

-Foodie