Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Oooohh ... love your newest one, Soule.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:57 am

I like your avatar, Soule! Nice contrast with the red background.

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:32 pm

Soule, you have rendered me utterly speechless. *bodythuddingtothefloor* ~M'L :cool:

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Squee it's lucius! I loves! Kudos once more!

Marli, glad you got the icon working hun!

Cissy Malfoy

Post by Cissy Malfoy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:58 am

Great avatars!! As you can see I am still trying to find the perfect one for my naked profile :)

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:58 pm

whisperwood wrote:Squee it's lucius! I loves! Kudos once more!

Marli, glad you got the icon working hun!
Thanks, Andrea! :hug ~M'L :cool:

Soule

Post by Soule » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:11 pm

Below is a few more aviators:

Image Image Image

I thought i would share some of my other work with you guys as well:

Lost:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

And the other love of my life Richard Armitage:

Image Image Image Image

And I have just come 2nd and 3rd respectively in a Lord of The Rings challenge:

2nd: Image

3rd: Image

My oher entries were:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:57 pm

Congratulations, Soule! You really do outstanding work.
BTW, what technique do you use for your avatars? I'm thinking maybe the 'Orton Effect', or is it some other process?

Soule

Post by Soule » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Gillian wrote:
Congratulations, Soule! You really do outstanding work.
BTW, what technique do you use for your avatars? I'm thinking maybe the 'Orton Effect', or is it some other process?
I just had to google the 'Orton Effect', but it is the base process on some of the aviators or sometimes a variation of it if that makes sense. Others I use selective colouring without duplicating the base etc. depending on the desired result.

Andrea

Post by Andrea » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:08 am

Oh, Soule, HOHMYGOD!

-throws self at her feet and bows repeatedly-

Simply Amazing. And LOST icons. -drools- I was just browsing some Lost blogs. I'm in a super LOST mood right now.

Congrats on winning! You deserve it! One day I'll try my hand at challenges. I'm thinking of entering one over at sweetandtalented.com (great celebrity image site, btw. No Jason though. So they aren't that good ;) )

I love using selective coloring - which i only discovered a few months ago. I've been going to town with it. So I assume you use Photoshop for your work?

(tis Andrea/whisperwood - having login issues. Internet is NOT dial up friendly anymore :( )

Soule

Post by Soule » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:06 am

Andrea wrote:Oh, Soule, HOHMYGOD!

-throws self at her feet and bows repeatedly-

Simply Amazing. And LOST icons. -drools- I was just browsing some Lost blogs. I'm in a super LOST mood right now.

Congrats on winning! You deserve it! One day I'll try my hand at challenges. I'm thinking of entering one over at sweetandtalented.com (great celebrity image site, btw. No Jason though. So they aren't that good ;) )

I love using selective coloring - which i only discovered a few months ago. I've been going to town with it. So I assume you use Photoshop for your work?

(tis Andrea/whisperwood - having login issues. Internet is NOT dial up friendly anymore :( )
Looking at your work you really should enter. i only enter challenges within communities I am in, but I want to get brave and dabble in the whole LJ challenge scene etc.

And yes I'm a photoshop chick :D I'm relatively new to using selective colouring too. I am also now dabbling in curves as well, which about 6 months ago I avoided like the plague.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:07 pm

Oh, Soule, these are fantaberific! :hands
I love the one of Mike and Kath, and the one of him lying down with the words,BRING ME TO LIFE overhead. Wonderful! :wheee:
~M'L :cool:

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:07 am

Soule wrote:
Looking at your work you really should enter. i only enter challenges within communities I am in, but I want to get brave and dabble in the whole LJ challenge scene etc.

And yes I'm a photoshop chick :D I'm relatively new to using selective colouring too. I am also now dabbling in curves as well, which about 6 months ago I avoided like the plague.
Thanks :) I will certainly try. I haven't already because I tend to be active for a period of a few weeks then get distracted by something else before coming back. And only now am I starting to get better at doing icons. My old stuff was blah. It had no OOMF ya know? I've also been doing a lot of tutorials to learn new tips. Which has been fantastic! So i need something all my own to enter those challenges.

here is a timeline of my how I've changed over time.

I made this for a photoshop forum I joined. You can post a gallery. I was shy at first since most of my graphics aren't always internet trendy. Instead of blends and what not, i was doing graphics and banners for a star wars rpg. But I did make some awesome stuff! Here are a few samples.

Sig 1 - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/h ... rasig4.jpg

sig 2 - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/h ... edisig.gif

Jate - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/h ... nttobe.jpg

I love blending stuff. Hehe.

Soule

Post by Soule » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:01 am

Wow I love your third sig, just gorgeous. Very nice use of brushes.

For me, I started making sigs and icons for Eve Online (a MMORPG) and learnt some great methods for blending etc, but when I started to join actor forums the style did not translate over as well. I worked more with characters/manga than with photos, so when i started doing icons and sigs (about a year ago) for actors I had to completely relearn techniques and unfortunately I have moved away from using textures and blending, and seem to go more into the colouring and clarity of a pic.

There are some fantastic tutorials out there and when i need some inspiration I do go looking at them.

Serpensortia

Post by Serpensortia » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:54 pm

wow, really beautiful avatars. *standing ovation* I don't know how to make this magician pictures :roll: :D

may I use one as an avatar for me in a german board?

Return to “General Forum”