Please introduce yourself here!!

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:35 pm

I joined the board last November but never introduced myself. My real name is Judy and I'm a Granny, 2 grandsons 21 and 17, and a daughter Jasons age. Now wouldn't he make a nice son? I was blessed with the nickname Bear in work for my nasty disposition. I've mellowed since I retired.
I did like to camp and travel and have seem lots of the world including England and London twice. Since my hip and lung problems in 2004 I've had to stop doing both.
I do enjoy the board and check it everyday, even if I don't post. You ladies are very interesting and I enjoy reading what you have to say. Keep up the good work.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Hey grannybear! Better late than never! :D

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:20 pm

'Ello all! I'm Susanne, otherwise known as ShadowMagnet(the name comes from a favourite song of mine, by Dead Can Dance)...I'm originally from the UK, came to the States(first Boston, then Ohio-bah) when I got married(1995), got divorced and just stayed here. I have a 10 year old daughter, Abagayle, I'm a pub manager for a local Irish Pub. Hmmm...

I'm a writer. Short stories/poetry/novels. I also enjoy reading(Ancient History/Mystery/Fiction), travelling, and tons of other interests.

Oh, I'm 37 years old and currently engaged to a wonderful man, Liam.

I first laid eyes on Jason in The Patriot. A friend of mine brought the DVD over...and from then on, I was hooked. :adore

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Welcome, Susanne! I'm married to a British ex-pat meself--one of the perks is that I get to visit the UK pretty often :D .
Got any books to recommend? (You'll see, we've already got lots of movie recommendations for you!)
Last edited by Hilary the Touched on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:46 pm

welcome Susanne, to this great place of everything JASON...
have fun, post often...

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Why thank for such a lovely welcome! I had been debating on whether to join or not, and finally jumped on it. :D

Hmm...recommendations? Let's see, currently I'm reading Roman Britain-basically a historical look at how Rome shaped Britain. Harry Potter, of course! Anything by Marion Zimmer Bradley(The Mists of Avalon).

My ex-husband, a Brit as well, moved us here about 3 months after we were married, because the company he worked for at the time, relocated him to Boston. Two years later, they moved him to Columbus, Ohio. In 2000, we got divorced and I just decided to stay here for awhile. I'm nota fan of Ohio, but until my daughter is much older, I'll stay here, then perhaps move back to England. Though, I do make frequent visits since my family is there. The last time I was back home, was in February to attend my dad's funeral. Not one of my better visits, to say the least. :-(

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Welcome Susanne, glad to know you decided to join us! I hope you enjoy your stay!
I first laid eyes on Jason in The Patriot. A friend of mine brought the DVD over...and from then on, I was hooked.
He's fantastic in that movie, isn't he? The Patriot was the first movie I saw Jason in. *smiles*

~me

Tavington's ShadowMagnet

Post by Tavington's ShadowMagnet » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:48 pm

Thank you Angel for another lovely welcome! I'm very glad I decided to join... :D

Oh my, he is definitely fantastic in The Patriot! As I said, I was hooked from then on...my friend thought I was bloody mad for drooling over the "bad guy." But then again, it was me(A Brit) sat there watching this with her(an American), and I was, obviously, rooting for Tavington! *grins* :woot

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:49 pm

My condolences, Susanne.
basically a historical look at how Rome shaped Britain.
On one of our visits, we drove south through Carlisle and stopped at Birdoswald. I was fascinated to read something that had never occurred to me before: when the Romans invaded an area, they collected new soldiers for their army, but sensibly did not deploy them in their native province. Instead, to prevent their experiencing conflicting loyalties or being tempted to desert, they shipped them to a different colony. So even 2,000 years ago, Britain was full of immigrants! That really struck me at a time when my community was publicly wrestling with the issue of immigration, and we were hearing some rather unattractive language about these damn furners.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:08 pm

my friend thought I was bloody mad for drooling over the "bad guy."
As they say, it's the badass that makes a girls heart beat fast. :D

Welcome Susanne! Glad you decided to de-lurk!

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Gotta love the bad guy, especially when he's a hottie... ;-)

Welcome to the site, Susanne!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Heidi-ho! My name is Marilaine Hagedorn (Hey there, AOM...Ooops, I mean, AT! :D )
The first time to be here cuz I'm usually on Jason-Isaacs.netfirms.com. :oops: Could'dn't figure out how to activate my bloody membership. Now I'm in a dither about the avatar sitch..... :mad:
ans I'm almost out of time. CRAP! (or, as Angelica Amonte says in 'Passionada': "Bourquerilla!")
I've got less that 10 mins left...so I better get crackalacking! :D
AT - if you and the good Col. get married, you'd be known as AT &T! (Heh! Heh!)
Ciao for now... ~ML ;-)
P.S. I'm proud to have an OCD! [b]Over Caffee Dose! [/b] :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Heidi-ho! My name is Marilaine Hagedorn (Hey there, AOM...Ooops, I mean, AT!

OOOoppps, OMG, Marilaine! :lol

LOL! Welcome sweetie, it's nice to have a familiar face here, I hope you enjoy your stay! :hug

~me

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Welcome, Marilaine! Glad you managed to sort out the activation!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:36 pm

welcome Marilaine, have fun and post often....

Return to “General Forum”