I hate computers

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

whisperwood

I hate computers

Post by whisperwood » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:57 am

In the past month, I've had more computer related issues than I have in two years. Some days I want to throw the whole lot out the window!! My flash drive corrupted before I had a chance to back it up, making me lose a lot of hard work.

Now my PC won't turn on. I'd just reformatted it too. I had an issue about a year ago with it where I had to reformat it just to get the operating system to load... So much trouble. It's almost as annoying to me as politics is.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:42 pm

WW, you're not alone. We all have 'puter-bashing moments. Sometimes mine takes forever to boot up or to shut down. We added a router several months ago, which got my DH on the phone for hours with . . . India . . . trying to sort it all out. We're so frickin' dependent on computers now, that our lives are on hold until the problems are solved. :evil:

Helen

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:59 pm

I hate that i'm so dependant on computers. Ugh. And isn't out sourcing wonderful? I should call about mine but I know I'll get someone I nac barely understand. And that really frustrates me. Im already frustrated over the machine so that doesn't help my mood, lol.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:18 pm

My sympathy to everyone. Mine was out 4 times in the last 4 months. They finally dumped the system and reinstalled it. Hopefully that will take care of everything.
Like Helen8 my ISP Support center is in India and that took more time resetting everything back up. Just a mess. We didn't understand each other. How did we get to the point where we depend on computers so much? Sometimes I think it's not worth it.

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:21 pm

grannybear wrote:Sometimes I think it's not worth it.
Me too. Hopefully we don't ever get a Matrix situation on our hands ;)

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:30 pm

As anyone who keeps up knows, I posted my computer woes on another thread on this site. I have it back now for a week (it was in 6 times) I wish I could say it was fixed but it's not. The problem only appears occasionally so I guess I'll learn to live with it.
Maybe we should go back to pen and paper. Or maybe write on walls of caves.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 am

I opt for stick writing in the dirt.

Return to “General Forum”