E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, kjshd05, Marie, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, Helen8

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Re: E-mails from Jason

Post by laurielove » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Haven't been here for a while ... :oops: But have been keeping an eye while life has got busy ... (for everyone)

Miss Gulch was Dorothy's school teacher, definitely, and of course then transforms into the Wicked Witch of the West. That sequence where Dorothy sees her from inside the house in the middle of the twister pedalling away manically on her bicycle and then turns into the witch on her broomstick is one of the movie sequences which just terrified me when I was a child and still gives me the creeps thinking about the memories. It was the music as much as anything.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Ha! I know, me too. I still get the creeps when I see bikes like the teacher/WWofW. I am strangely drawn, yet repelled by those big baskets.
Although...ever since I read Wicked, I have a whole new appreciation for the WWofW.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:29 pm

sorry Lorilove, gots to disagree, no schoolteacher (NOT including Wicked, and I never did), just the origional movie-ooh,very scary for kids on a big screen, and a very good book). Mean neighbor, yup! Toto bit her on the leg-sure did! Dorothy let him in her garden, she's got a right sense of entitlement-her father owns 1/2 the county, and "she'll bring a suit that'll take away their damn farm" (sounds more like a lawyer than a teacher..), but she aint a teacher, just a "mean wicked old witch" who Dorothy would like to bite herself! And in the book, she's almost a side line. I can't find a "teacher" character anywhere, and I wrote a paper on this in a film class in college and got an A, so either the prof was wrong, or I missed something big, or the " great and powerful Mr JI" is or ya'll are. Something is amiss in Kansas.....ellen Jason: you better answer this quickly before this query becomes too many pages long! and congrats to Snow White, she's not afraid of spiders in the forest, is she??

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:28 pm

sorry: laurielove, not lorilove (it was a long 3 days for me), ellen

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Ok, this is my curtain call on the Wizard of Oz topic (yeah, I'm sure - standing O). Today, I scoured the house for my 1939 book/script - NO LAUGHING, and no I'm not that old, thank you very much! I'm just a few years older than the Great and Powerful Wizard of Isaacs himself. I made some faux pas in my quoting and I'm here to straighten those out, so here goes: "If you don't hand over that dog, I'll bring a damage suit that'll take your whole farm! There's a law protecting folks against dogs that bite!" (I still think she sounds more like a lawyer - sorry Jason- I mean WHO sued over itty bitty Toto bites in 1939?) Auntie Em: "Almira Gulch, just because you own half the county doesn't mean you have the power to run the rest of us. For twenty-three years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now - well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it." But nothing points to her being a teacher, certainly not in the origional script/movie and in the book the WWotW was a small side line; so Jason, come at me with something more tangable than a memory from a pensive, cuz I have documentation (and ALL nurses know if you don't have documentation, ya ain't got nada). But I LOVE the moniker the Great and Powerful Wizard of Isaacs, it encompasses virtually every character you've played, even those "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" soft but great characters; I've seen just about every character, and I can't think of anyone who can't be slotted somehow. There we've just changed your name, we've changed an old custom (Fiddler on the Roof). Votes? Changing Jason to TGPWI? all in favor? Are the eyes above the nose? Go and argue with a rebbetzin! Kol Tuv, and G'mar Tov Jason (everything should be good, and it should be a good, healthy, safe year for your family), ellen

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Having nothing whatever to do with The Wizard of Oz, but to the Great and Powerful Wizard of Issacs: if you're having problems keeping all of your emails etc, maybe your beloved iphone should only be used for phoning and picture taking and small stuff, and not for storing massive texts and emails. Maybe it's time for investing in yet another gizmo/gadget (which we all know you abhor), maybe an i-pad would help your barely opposable thumbs in writing emails and other correspondance you need to tend to, and they won't vanish into thin air after 24 hrs. I think they have Apple Stores in LA (If I'm not very much mistaken), and you could take your personal Isaacsetes there and teach them techno-nerdery. Good Luck! ellen

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 am

Then, my dear Hilary, and any one else up for the challange, we must find a way to erradicate the ungrateful ticking crocodile of time itself, and assist our Captain James Hook find at least 1 extra hour in each day to tend to all the other stuff in his life, like his own Isaacettes, and his distant ones, and breathing, sleeping in his home without a pool or puppy (what a doghouse HE must be in with piecrust promises broken there - easily made and easily broken!). If only we mere mortals had the ability to stretch out the concept of time, but as ever it goes marching on, and in the nanoseconds it takes you to blink, you've already missed something important. All the gizmos and gadgets cant seem to alter time's course onward. Hmmm how maudlin, with grains of truth strewn in for good measure. The day of Yom Kippur usually brings out the philosopher in me, and besides, now I'm in Boston taking my 19 yo dtr to cardiologists, pulmonologist, rheumatologists, and endocrinologists she can't deal with anything more than the sniffles, and this is anything BUT. Lets see, bacl to my origional thought, lets reconfigure a way for Jason to have more breathing space, seems like he could use it! ellen

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 am

oops then my dear Angel- sorry about then, as the song goes "running on empty" ellen

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Ellen, sorry to hear of your mission--hope it ends encouragingly!

(and I'm afraid greater minds than ours have contemplated triumphing over chronology, with no more success than me)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts Hilary. G-d willing no one else should have to go through this "Momma Grizzly Bear" crap for their collage age children, it's not so easy, cuz they really can't be at home anymore, they need to be out and on their own already, learning and growing (a concept daddys have a hard time with). As for the time space continum, and the Great and Powerful Wizard of Isaacs, well Jason, you're just going to have to understand that there's bunches of Isaacsettes from far and wide wishing we could create more seconds in a minute, more minutes in an hour, more hours in a day, more days in a week, more weeks in a month etc just so you can breath, and sleep and enjoy your personal Isacettes, yourself, and your friends more, you 'feel' very frazzled to me (yeah, it sounds weird I know). On the up side, here at Brandeis University in Boston, I gave my kid's very R wing roommate what for when I asked her if she had seen HP (I was floored when she admitted she actually HAD), so I asked about the Malfoys=oh yeah, she knew Draco (didn't know Tom though), when quiried about the father, Lucius-I got "ugh, HIM? he's SO old!" Since it was 2 hours prior to Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur starting, I was already dressed in white and lying on her bed and told her to shut it! I'm older than he is! She was taken aback, and said to Shani (my dtr) "your mom told me to "shut it", to which Shani smirked and said "and what do you want ME to do about that? Why would she be interested in Tom, Emma, Dan, Rupert or those guys, they're all OUR age, she's the ADULT character's ages! Such a smart cookie, so, her friends know how NOT to mess with me now; this is near Harvard and MIT and if you want you can take any classes you want in anyone of the schools, so it's no slouch school, but theres no film/art dept. either, so that stinks. Sorry for the monologue, hope someone got a chuckle out of it. "and to all a goodnight..." ellen

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:08 am

when quiried about the father, Lucius-I got "ugh, HIM? he's SO old!"
ROFL, you tell her, Ellen.

That's a typical teenager/young adult response, though! I watched the second epi of Brotherhood last night. Remember "How old are you, anyway?!" ?

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:36 pm

oh, I most certainly DO remember, as a matter of fact I watched that too last night! We must be on the same wave length...eek! ellen (small e, I like lower case "e"s) go figure

Yoda053

Post by Yoda053 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:47 am

Hi all its been awhile since I have been on. I have only just caught up on the news and read jasons emails. I hope everyone is well I have been so busy I havent had time to scratch myself.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:52 am

Good to hear from you, Yoda. Hope your schedule allows you to check back in more often. :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:45 am

Welcome back, yoda ;)

~me