E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Britkay

E-mails from Jason

Post by Britkay » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:10 am

Hi Ladies,

Two e-mails arrived in my inbox today and it was such a historic event that I wanted to share these with everyone. ENJOY!

"Hi Kay,

feeling really guilty about not responding to your earlier e-mail since a friend of mine tells me that now there’s a mass troop movement to the two premieres. Unfortunately I’ll still be here in Providence when the English one happens and I don’t know about New York yet. Think I’ll be finished for good the day before, but it could be at 5 o’clock in the morning so I’m just lining up some tickets and crossing my fingers.

Please tell everyone that I hope they have a fantastic time in London and that I’m really proud to have such a bunch of globe-trotting die-hard nutters waving their balloons for me. Hope they don’t get rained on too hard and maybe I’ll see whoever’s coming in New York.

It’s late as buggery here and the two littluns will be up almost as soon as my head hits the pillow, so...

thanks for running such a fab site and lots of love

jason x

p.s. Nobody knows when Brotherhood will be on the air but I hope you all think it’s worth the wait – it might not be till way into next year"

................................................................................................

"...just found your original e-mail and realised I haven’t answered any of your questions, so here goes a brief data blip before I pass out:

Thanks so much for everybodys’ congratulations and lovely messages and also for all the cards and pressies that arrived here in Rhode Island. Yes, we had another little girl and her name’s Ruby, which I think you know. Lily named her that from the first time she knew her mum was pregnant and couldn’t be shaken, so there it is.

I’m sorry but I think that Showtime weren’t too keen to have any visitors on set and, given how tense (and intense) a lot of the filming is, I kind of understand it. Telly goes a hell of a lot faster than film and there doesn’t seem to be any time to chat anyway so I’m glad nobody wasted their time.

As for future projects – I’ve been trapped in Rhode Island so the only thing that’s definite (almost) is a bit in HP5 late next year, but I’m sure something will come up before then. Believe it or not Good is still more than alive and has raised all its money so I’m hoping that will go early next year. The future of Brotherhood is also a bit of a planning nightmare so I’m just taking it one step at a time. Let’s get this over with and get home where we belong.

love and luck

jason x"

Bless him - must have been late! Feeling like a squeeing fangirl now!

Kay

xxx

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

A NEW ONE!!

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:26 am

I'm taking the liberty of dragging this over from the Fanzone (well, he does mention the auctions, so plainly we're included!) Thanks to BritKay for sharing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Says Kay: "I'd e-mailed Jason on Char's behalf to tell him about all the money raised for St Judes and said how much we'd enjoyed his speech at the Empire awards. I also told him to get some sleep as we all thought he looked tired! :mrgreen:"

Jason's reply:
"Hi Kay,

thanks for writing, and congrats to Char and everyone involved on raising all that money – my signature isn’t worth that much on a check!

Tragically I won’t be able to win the shortest drive contest this year because I’m working. I’m off to Toronto in a week till August to shoot a mini-series for the BBC called ‘The State Within’ in which I play the British Ambassador to Washington in the middle of a terrorist crisis. It’s part ‘All The President’s Men’, part ‘24’ and, given that it’s me, part Mr Bean too. I’m gutted not to be at Myrtle Beach but they’ve told me I’ve got my place booked for next year so here’s hoping.

Glad you enjoyed me and my filthy mouth at the Empire Awards and sorry that I didn’t give anyone a heads-up that I’d be there. It was an absolute last minute thing and, given how freezing everyone was outside, it’s probably best that none of my loyal band of nutters got hypothermia waiting in the ice. I couldn’t take the guilt. I will be going to LA for the premiere of Friends With Money this Monday, but, as ever, god knows how long I’m able to stand outside and hang out – the monkey suits with walkie-talkies might give me the evil eye and you know what a coward I am in those situations.

Thanks for your concern...I wish I could get more sleep. Someone tell the girls not to wake up so bloody early! At least it helps me be the ambassador – I’m way too young for the part!

lots of love to you and all the fabulous ladies on the boards

gotta go hide the pureed vegetables in Lily’s scrambled eggs....ah the glamour

jason x
"

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:31 am

Britkay

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:58 am Post subject: NEW e-mail from Jason -May 2006

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to share this with you guys!

I wrote and told him it was my fault he didn't get an LA welcome at FWM, and asked him if he'll be doing any publicity for Brotherhood at Char's request. I also told him how much we were looking forward to The State Within, and our hope that the ambassador would be like Clark Devlin!

-------------------------------------------

Hi Kay,

thanks for your note and, I hope you're looking forward to a sweltering summer.

Don't worry about the absence of blue balloons in LA--it was just as well since I was whisked through the doors and down the red carpet like the danger to the public/publicity that I am. Or maybe because I turned up late as always and the film was nearly starting. Either way, fingers crossed, there'll always be a next time.

As for Mr Ambassador, the only two things he's got in common with Clark Devlin are that I pretended to be them both in Toronto and that they both wear hand-tailored Tuxedoes. Nothing else really. This is a gritty political thriller and there's not a gag to be seen in 6 hours with all our tongues firmly out of our cheeks (tough for me as you can imagine). In one regard you're right, though - this guy's older... 2 daughters older to be precise, which translates to about 100 years. Given that, it makes sense that there's not much action from an old fart like me, I'm afraid, except for the intellectual type and the odd bedroom tango. Other more phlegmatic types run around blowing stuff and people up. Lucky buggers.

Unfortunately I'll hardly be doing any Brotherhood publicity since I'm stuck here in Canada till way after the series comes out. I can't make either the Providence or the LA premiere or any other press events. I might be able to do the odd interview on the phone should the Milwaukee Gardening Gazette find themselves a column short one Monday. I'll be very curious to see what the press at large and the ladies on the boards make of the series as it appears. The clock's ticking...

You may have seen by now that Viggo Mortensen has signed up to do Good next year, which I hope I'll still be able to do (Brotherhood permitting, if it goes again) and I hope will be as powerful as we all feel it can be. We've been waiting such a long time that anything short of Citizen Kane will be a disappointment but, jitters aside, it'll be great to finally get it started and I think Viggo's a fabulous choice. Hope he thinks the same about me!

love (and 100% humidity) from Canada to all the fab, demented, determined, tasteless fans of mine out there, eh?

jason x

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:46 am

We wrote to Jason about trying to get the 2009 Calendars to him and his mum.
Here's his answer:

Hi,

Sorry to be true to form and take an eon before replying. I wrote and have just deleted a paragraph of excuses! Just sorry, basically. It’s rubbish. I blame the parents.

First of all, you never bug me . Don’t think you could if you tried - you and the other ladies are about as respectful and generous as it gets for an actor, so don’t worry about that...

Anyway, I’d love some calendars – as would my mum, of course. Mailing them to Paul’s [His Paul Lyon-Maris Agency in London] a great idea since I’ve no idea where I’m going to be. There are a few jobs coming up, but since none of them are definite (although they all say they are) and they all clash, I’d better wait until at least one of them’s definite before I blab about them.

I’m off in a few hours for a holiday with the family on a beach somewhere for a week.

Hoping all’s well with you, that 2009 turns out to be – despite the outside world being in meltdown – even better than you could have imagined and please send all my best to everyone on the boards.

Love and luck

Jason x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you! Jason..we love, love your humor and hope you have a fabulous time at the beach with your girls! PLEASE DO NOT GET SUNBURN! :D

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:03 am

Aww he's so sweet! I hope he has a great time at the beach and like kj said...Don't forget the suncream! Get a nice tan! and get more freckles! <3
This made my morning!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:55 am

It made my day, he's so sweet!
we're so happy to hear from you, Jase! :oops:
and thanks Char, for posting his message!

Love ya JASON!

~me

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 pm

How sweet.
Thanks Char.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:13 pm

He's so kind and gracious. How thoughtful to post to us when he's so busy. Just re-enforces what a special man he is! ;-) Thank you, Jason.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Loved his e-mail. One man that hasn't let fame go to his head.
What a super nice man.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:04 pm

A star--in so many ways!
Thanks for passing it on, Char!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:20 pm

I deleted my earlier post, cause I thought this thread was for the messages from Mr Jason, only....
but since everyone has posted, Mr Jason, have a great time at the
beach, and don't forget your 'Sun Cream'....

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Awww! Reading this makes me gush. Sweet holiday with your family, Jason. XOXO!
Thanks for the submit, Chari. :hug
~M'L(C) :cool: :adore
MICHAEL will ALWAYS be my fave Caffee!
Last edited by marilaine on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:20 pm

So great to hear from Jason.
Take the well-deserved time in the sun! :helens

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Jason is the best, always will be and deserves this time...bless his heart..always!! :hug

Kate

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:31 am

The man deserves a little R&R. Glad to see he's taking the time.

Cheers, mate!! Just don't get TOO many freckles, kay?

Return to “General Forum”