What are you doing on Christmas?

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:53 pm

I'm sorry, Maria, but your post made me laugh. Your ordeal sounds positively grueling, but at least you have a sense of humor about it.
Hang on to that. It'll keep you sane.

BTW, I think your "man" also visits my place because my beer is constantly disappearing.

Bloody nuisance, that.

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:27 am

LOL Maria! Holidays have already started for me with Hannukah. My mother's here. 'nuff said.

Christmas will be spent with my Daddy and stepmom who was just diagnosed with breast cancer and the docs don't know how it will play out for her. My Dad is in a state over it too, poor things :-(. The worst part is that my Mom is very unsympathetic to their plight, and is not at all crazy about the fact that we have to cut out halfway thru Hannukah to go see them this year. After all, does anyone here know the difference between a Jewish Mother and a Pitt Bull? Anyone? Okay, eventually the Pit Bull lets it go!

What is Boxing Day, anyway?

mariagare

Post by mariagare » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:49 am

Gillian wrote:BTW, I think your "man" also visits my place because my beer is constantly disappearing.

Bloody nuisance, that.
Indeed! He surely has a mode of transportation which rivals that of Santa himself.
Cissa wrote:Christmas will be spent with my Daddy and stepmom who was just diagnosed with breast cancer and the docs don't know how it will play out for her. My Dad is in a state over it too, poor things :-(. The worst part is that my Mom is very unsympathetic to their plight, and is not at all crazy about the fact that we have to cut out halfway thru Hannukah to go see them this year.
I'm so sorry about your stepmom. And it is a shame when people can't let go of old animosities.
Cissa wrote:
What is Boxing Day, anyway?
Oh I always forget that it's a Commonwealth country thing. Apparently it's a tradition for the wealthy to give to those in the 'lesser' classes the day after Christmas.
http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/boxingday.asp

Of course, it is now celebrated by waiting in long queues to buy discounted Xmas wrapping paper.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:03 am

Oh, you guys . . . I was weeping tears of laughter into my third bourbon-and-branch.
(10:00 a.m.?? Oh fuck it, sun's over the yard-arm somewhere.)
Holidays. All about the family togetherness :-| .

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:16 am

.... and the nervous breakdowns they cause.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Maria, I smell a movie script!!
Your get togethers are far more interesting and funny than most of the holiday fare in the theaters today! [cough] *Marley & Me* [cough]
Try to make it through in one piece!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:37 pm

There's a motivation for ya--"live to write the screenplay".
Your get togethers are far more interesting and funny than most of the holiday fare in the theaters today! [cough] *Four Christmases* [cough]

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm

My friend in New Zealand just sent me a box of goodies. YUM

grannybear, I don't know how I missed your post. Tell me. Are there maybe Tim Tams in the box? Huh? Tim Tams? Yes, I know they're Australian, but NZ's so close. Please tell us. And we can eat them vicariously through you. :brows

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 pm

OK Helen, let me try to list a few things She tries to mix things up and lots of different samples.

Campbells Petticoat Tails, Gourmet Fudge from Matamata NZ, Maltesers,
Mint Carmel Candies, Cadbury Cherry Ripes and Picnics, Whittakers Fruit and Nut Bars, and also their Peanut Slabs. Also something called Moro Gold. There was more but I passed some over to my daughter.

I also sent her an assortment of different chocalates and cookies and lots of chewing gum. Her grandson likes US gum better than NZ gum. Plus some odds and ends from my cruises.

Everything tastes real good.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Whoops, no Tim Tams...Sorry

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:33 am

I'm still drooling.......................

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Now there's a smorgasbord of chockies that sounds heavenly. Yummy buttons! Again, think of us while you eat them, so we can enjoy them, too. :mrgreen:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh well! What's another few pounds between friends?

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:19 pm

. . . 'Tis the season!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:59 pm

I worked for a few hours on Wednesday, and our boss, Bipin gave everyone a plastic decanter full of chocolate truffles.
Apparently they don't have liquor, but Italian chocolate filling.
I guess my new year's resolution will be to cut down on sweets.
*knockingonwood*
~M'L(C) :cool:
We had a lovely little dinner yesterday. Ate early cuz Mikey had to go to work. It was just Denise, myself, Gail, Mikey and Elijah.....oh, and Rusty, and Oso. (the dogs:Golden Retriever and wire-haired Jack Russell Terrier)

Return to “General Forum”