Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:39 pm

great to know U R OK, and things went smoothly...no worries, check in
when you can..... :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Glad it went well grannybear. "Boxing glove!" Haven't lost your humor. Could be the pain pills, too. Contribute when you can. Probably won't hurt to adopt all the abbreviations that the prolific texters use.

RedRuth

Post by RedRuth » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi Grannybear

Sorry I have only just seen your post. I had the operation on November 12th last year. It took some time to get the use back in my hand but I am pleased to report it is very good now. My advice is to do all the exercises you will be instructed to do as often as possible, as it will help the recovery process. Try not to let any stiffness set in, keep it moving if possible. I also applied some E45 cream to my scar every 2 hours, once the plaster cast came off, to prevent it from drying out and becoming stiff.
My hand is better than ever now, I can feel all my fingers again and that awful throbbing at night has gone!
The only thing I still have trouble with is removing lids off jars and bottles!!
Good Luck with it! I hope you make a full recovery.
Keep us posted
Ruth :D /x

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:37 pm

I hate typing with only my left hand.

The bandage came off tuesday and it was good to get that bulky thing off my hand. My daughter put a light gauze bandage on because I was going to lunch with friends and she said they would lose their appetite if they saw the hand.

I'm still not allowed to use the hand. I'm exercising it and hope to be back in the game soon..

Thanks again for your good input and also your Best Wishes. Talk to you all again soon.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:19 pm

My daughter put a light gauze bandage on because I was going to lunch with friends and she said they would lose their appetite if they saw the hand.

Smart girl!!!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Belated sympathies, Grannybear--good to hear you came back all right!
I can only echo the sensible advice of the ladies who responded before me--do your very best to adhere to your physical therapist's instructions, and do your exercises often. I hope your recovery is quick and complete!

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:11 am

Oh man, Grannybear, I hope you continue to get better, quickly! Best wishes! :helens