East Coast Snowstorm

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, fruitbat, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:00 am

I'm in S. New England, and we got about 10+ inches. I wasn't worrying about it at first, since it looked soft and light, but I actually got out to shovel... OH! my achin' back!!! Not so soft and light... :roll:
Gillian, I know what you mean about unexpected weather. I don't generally breathe a sigh of relief until late March - and we've been known to get a foot or two in April. This year tho, it was a real temptation for some reason to welcome Spring early.

:razzlite

virtu1889

Post by virtu1889 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 am

:mad: Ack! I don't know who holds the snow plow contracts in my town but they seemed to have completely forgotten my street. I got stuck not 3 feet from my driveway yesterday and couldn't get to work. And then I fell on my tush walking back. My sister was laughing her butt off because she saw it from the window. I must be getting old because I can't remember the last time I enjoyed snow. :roll:

pat

Post by pat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:22 pm

I actually bought a snow shovel!

Been on the Eastern Shore for 3 1/4 years now, and the biggest snow I'd seen was 1", which melted off by 10am. Figured that this storm would peter out, too, but just in case I did purchase a shovel.

Nothing but rain fell until 9:30 Sunday night, but boy, once it started coming down it didn't mess around. By 10pm the cars were covered.

Our university never cancels classes, so a delay on Monday morning was pretty shocking. They canceled all classes at 9am, which was great because I teach until 8:30pm and had already had emails from students saying they wouldn't be in class that night (yeah, what do you cover when you know several of your students won't be there?).

All told, we have probably 4-5 inches of snow. Doesn't sound like much until you factor in that it's 4x or 5x more than we expect.

Had a frozen pipe again last night, but this time I got it thawed without itbursting & putting 2 inches of water in my basement!