Anyone on Twitter?

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

AussieJo

Anyone on Twitter?

Post by AussieJo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 am

Anyone here on Twitter?

I finally caved in and registered. (PM me for the username if you have no life)

I figured that I can't be any more inane than some of the cyber-drivel I've seen, and I can cyber-stalk David Hewlett. bwahaha

Love how all the guys named "Jason Isaacs" say "not that one" or something similar in their profile and/or messages. :)

LadyLucius

Post by LadyLucius » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:26 am

Hi AussieJo!

I'm on twitter - drsusan1968

I mostly get science twitters - and I hardly ever check it ;~(, but I'm there!

LL

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:54 am

Do you get a lot of random anonymous people signing up to follow you?

I got a few I identified as spammers, but a few others I have no idea why they did it. Blocked 'em all.

fruitbat

Re: Anyone on Twitter?

Post by fruitbat » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:33 am

AussieJo wrote:... and I can cyber-stalk David Hewlett. bwahaha
Is that the guy from Stargate whatsis? My friend twitters with him (or whatever you call it), too.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:16 am

No, not me. Never.
I have a cell phone but don't text. For that matter, I rarely turn the phone on. I reluctantly joined MySpace, only to get blogs from a certain actor. I won't do FaceBook. I think Twitter is a further waste of time. Nobody, especially actors/actresses-in-the-news, is that interesting much of the time. Besides, there'll always be something else to come along to consume more and more of your time.

There. I've said it. Let the bricks and bats fly! aaa.gif
Last edited by Helen8 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:30 am

Actually I agree with you. Although I do have a facebook, I would never get a Twitter because I don't see the point of it.
If I have a FB, why do I need a Twitter?
I don't even know exactly what Twitter is.....my friend tried explaining it to me and I just didn't get it. What I did get is that you can update your status whenever you can so people know what you're doing or something like that?
*rolls eyes* Stupid IMO. *runs along with Helen*

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:59 am

I used to have a myspace account several years ago but deleted it (and don't regret deleting it! :wheee ). My main reason for doing so was the annoying bombardment of bulletins that were basically spam, friend requests from unknown people and messages from weirdos. Still, myspace can be a good way to promote music.

~me
Last edited by Angel Tavington on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:03 pm

I am on Twitter, but I never use it. I was at a convention and we were shown the possiblities on using Twitter for work. I think the lecturer just wanted to get some more people to follow him, because we have better ways to share resources with each other. And I don't use it for personal purposes either, because I like to have a private life.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Angel Tavington wrote:I used to have a myspace account several years ago but deleted it (and don't regret deleting it! :wheee ). My main reason for doing so was the annoying bombardment of bulletins that were basically spam, friend requests from unknown people and messages from weirdos. Still, myspace can be a good way to promote music.

~me
I wanna delete mine! I prefer facebook way more!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:19 pm

I was thinking about getting a facebook account (a lot of people I know have one) but if it's anything like MySpace I probably won't join.

~me

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:09 pm

I have a facebook account and use for being silly, but I ignore most applications; I don't need a virtual full English breakfast.

I can't remember where I first saw this video about twitter, but I thought it was funny.

Please click here because I don't know how to embed youtube videos

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Well. That pretty much explains how I feel about all this. I'm surprised that they didn't call everybody birdbrains.
[ducking for cover]

Thanks, fruitbat.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:59 pm

Never understood it, myself. It's a fad, and a silly one at that.

LadyLucius

Post by LadyLucius » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:37 pm

I have had a lot of idiots asking me to follow them, blocked them all.

I use Twitter to keep up with the latest science news from highly reputable journals. I don't use my phone, I do it all on my computer.

:) LL

blisster

Jason in Drama Magazine

Post by blisster » Wed May 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Okay, I twitter or tweet ... whatever. Anyway, I finally got the Drama Magazine application to download after repeated tries and help from a geniuis at the Apple store.

There's nothing new in the article, seems like the writer just copied and pasted it from previous interviews and sound bites. But the photo (alas only 1) looks new.

Courtesy of Drama Magazine, a fashion magazine available via iPhone and iPod Touch.

Jason Isaacs was one of those actors that you see a picture of and you’d walk away thinking “I know that guy. What was he in?” But whether or not Jason was hoping to become one of the most recognizable faces around is yet to be known. Thanks to the millions that have been entranced by his eerie portrayal as Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films or by the cult of people that tune in to watch him play the criminal Michael Caffee in the Showtime series “Brotherhood”, he is quickly becoming the superstar he was meant to be. “I can go anywhere. No one knows who I am. I can go on the tube and bus and wander through the streets,” is how Jason describes himself. With the popularity of his upcoming projects, I recommend buying a few hats and lots of sunglasses because those unrecognizable days are over! With those stunningly good looks, blinding blue eyes and enthralling acting ability, fans will be screaming for him well before he sets foot on his next red carpet.

Words – Tim Quayle
Photography – Fabrice Jacobs
Styling – Julian Ganio

Marianne

Return to “General Forum”