More fan videos...

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: More fan videos...

Post by thunder » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:15 am

Thanks for watching and being supportive :hug
Helen8 wrote:Very nice, thunder. Was that a Pirates o/t Caribbean soundtrack accompanying it?
No I don't think so. It's X-Ray dog, they make music for movie trailers etc, I'm not sure, though... it could have been :D

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:15 pm

I've just watched one of your video's, Thunder and it's wonderful. I have the intention of working my way through all of them and have bookmarked your page.

Lizzie - admiring people who are wonderful in creating art

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:37 pm

It's X-Ray dog

Thanks, thunder. The choral part in the beginning was reminiscent of PotC.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:08 am

I know, I thought of pirates when I first heard it. Maybe they have contributed to the soundtrack on PoTC... I don't know...

Thanks, Lizzie, I appreciate it (warning: The early videos aren't that good.It's all been a learning process...But JI is in them, so at least you can enjoy him) :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm on a roll (I have 3 and a half months of vidding to catch up)! This is about Alain from St. Ives. (All for Love). I made it in silent movie style (tried to, at least). You can watch it here if you want to:

http://youtu.be/bK49jcICfzg

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:20 pm

I love it! I love it!

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 am

Thank you :hug

It was fun to try a completely different style... Maybe I'll try it with some other movies too. :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 am

thunder, do you have a Twitter account? You can really publicize these wonderful videos and many, many more fans will be able to see them. :D

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 am

Just watched a couple more of your videos. Well, 36 of them so far and it's really wonderful! Your style does change but as you've said yourself, it's all a learning process. I quite like how you often play with colours. I'm really amazed that you can make such entertaining videos. :hands

Lizzie

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks Lizzie, and no problem making videos about JI, he's very inspiring. :hug I actually started because I wanted to teach myself video editing, and I just used whatever clips was already on my computer (mainly JI clips). I think it took almost a year before I dared to post anything on YT. But I realized since others were doing it, I could do it too. My vids weren't that bad, after all. And at that time it was mainly just Malfoygrandma that made videos about Jason Isaacs, so I thought it couldn't hurt to get more videos of him on YT. Variation is good, and sharing is half the fun! I've just tried different things as I went along, so some of the videos are a bit weird (but I raided my channel some months ago and removed the videos I was most ashamed of.) Things look OK the first time I try it, and then after some months, I go: "OMG! what was I thinking?" :shock:
Chari910 wrote:thunder, do you have a Twitter account? You can really publicize these wonderful videos and many, many more fans will be able to see them. :D
Yes, I'm @Fuglefro. Most of my 10 (?) followers are people from here or from YT so I don't know how much of an extra effect it gives. But I try to tweet about my vids when I remember to. :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Add a #jasonisaacs and Jason Isaacs in your tweet and people will find them :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:05 am

Thanks, Char I'll try that. :hug

The thing about fanvids, is that it's not to everyone's liking. It's a special type of genre... and some fanvids are just for people with special interests. I try to not go far away from the movie and characters in it, I don't want people to think it's a different kind of movie than it is. Even if some times people think JI is the lead even if he only has a couple of scenes in the film (but I don't see that as a problem). :mrgreen: Some fanvids are really far out and I understand why people just keep away from them in general. A lot of people searching for Jason Isaacs on YouTube want to see full scenes or even full movies, and they don't like me "having played" with them. They keep asking me to post the whole thing, and I keep telling them to buy the movie... :roll:

Not a lot of people watch my videos (even if some videos are more popular than others). But there's a group of faithful regulars that always watch and comment, which I am very grateful for. I'm just happy for the views I'm getting, It's fun when they get a lot of views, but I don't really mind. Fanvids don't get a lot of hits in general, and those who get a lot are really skilled and productive vidders, and they make fanvids about very popular TV series and movies. I just stick to Jason Isaacs, and I don't have time to make videos all the time, since work can be very busy. It takes a lot more time and effort to get to where they are... I am not sure that I want to go where they are either, because there's a lot of drama in some parts of the vidding community (especially with the fanfic/shipping people). I'm too old for that kind of intrigues, but the JI vidders/fans are just nice people. :D

Question:
I'm thinking about making another full career review, and I wondered about the chronology: Is it Taggart, Inspector Morse, Civvies? I realized the IMDB has changed the chronology in the filmography, and I think it makes more sense than what they had before with: Civvies, Taggart, Inpector Morse. Any opinions?

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:30 am

Thunder, I'm usually not a big fan of fanvids either but I'm not a big fan of solo piping either until I recently heard a different approach. I quite like your work because you play with colours (which I like in pictures as well) and it's not just a photo slideshow with an odd sort of music put over it. Although those are probably made with dedication and lots of patience as well, it's not something I personally like.
Your vids are very respectful and a bit 'out of the box' which I do like. Unless I'm mistaken, you do give a warning that these are fanvids rather than original works so those that get disappointed when stumbling upon your work should read the description properly.
My apologies for not commenting on your work on your channel itself but the account I have is used for the band.

Lizzie

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:53 am

Thanks, and no worries about the comments, Lizzie. You comment here, that's just the same :hug

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:20 am

This is only a suggestion, but how about making a Jackson Brodie video? He's a very likeable character. =)

~me

Return to “General Forum”