Nouvelle-France

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Jacq58

Nouvelle-France

Post by Jacq58 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 am

:woot I can't believe my dumb luck!!!! I was checking the TV listings and saw New France! Am I reading this right? Can it be THE movie that Jason's in? I had ten minutes to go before the movie started. I popped in a disc to record it. I was hoping there'd be commercials because I have only an hour and 49 minutes left if the movie's 2 hours long.

Commercials, yes! Unfortunately, I was conversing with someone online and didn't realize the commercials were on until they were over, but so far I've been able catch the rest.

I didn't realize this was a Canadian movie!

Jason's been on and he plays a grumpy general. Miserable, but funny!

I'll be up until 12:30 and I have to work in the morning!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:00 am

I've never watched Nouvelle France (only seen a few screencaps online), but from what I've heard he doesn't have much screen time in it...

Can't find a find a copy of this movie anywhere :???:

Anyway, I found their official website, Jason is mentioned in the cast:

http://www.filmnouvellefrance.com/eng/d ... /index.htm

~me

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:33 am

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:33 am

:D I think he had a total of 5 minutes if that! The looks Tim Roth gave him was quite funny like: Aren't you over doing it a bit, mate?

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks Char, haven't seen some of those before. I love the period costumes (but his white wig...hm, nah I don't like it LOL).

~me

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 am

I remember JI stating he did this role as a favor, I think for a relative!

thanx Char :hug great caps

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:09 am

Hadn't heard much about this before. Thanks Char.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:43 pm

:???: It's been listed on the Work page for years, Angel, and at Char's site as well! Hmph!
The character JI plays, General Wolfe, was killed at the Siege of Quebec. Only 32, he had already been afflicted with tuberculosis for several years (perhaps inspiring JI's cough in the movie).

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:04 pm

:-( I was up past 1:30 recording the movie and I had to get up at 5:20 to get ready for work! Needless to say, I crashed when I got home.

Unfortunately I ran out of disc space and had to change for the last 20 minutes or so. The movie was about 2 hours and 10 minutes which meant there were 50 minutes of commercials!!

I'll see if I can write down the dialogue for the two scenes Jason was in.

There were some scathing remarks on IMDb about how awful the movie was and why would Jason and Tim Roth do this movie!

Some comments about Jason: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386669/boa ... ad/4989236

A comment about Jason and Tim: "the only redeemable feature was the appearance of Tim Roth and Jason Isaacs, but they looked like they were 2 seconds from laughing whenever they delivered dialogue.. what a load of shi* i actually watched the entire thing and want the 2 hours of my life back."

The best bad comment: "Not the worst movie I have ever seen, but definitely a bucket of suck."

There's some scenes posted on YouTube, but I didn't see any of Jason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upYwTRz46d8

I quite liked the movie! It was a romance.

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Jacq58, we live in the same country, innit? ;-) I saw the same thing as you late last night. I even caught one (the one?) of Jason's scenes.

The way he played General Wolfe seems to imply he was some kind of fop. Another character later says that he died on the battlefield reciting poetry. As a poor, persecuted, "assimilated" French canadian, I should know such things! :mrgreen:

However, the movie is utter tripe. Not surprised to know JI did it as a favor...

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:32 pm

:lol Fop!!! That's exactly the word I wanted to use!

One of the comments in the IMDb chat was that the narrator mentioned about the time in history and "this is our story", and then it turns into a romance with little to do with the history. After watching it, I wondered why they bothered with the scenes with Jason and Tim.

Since it was on CBC I saw it at 10:30pm in BC. Are you in Quebec? If so you must have seen it at 1:30am, or was it repeated when I saw it?

I could have just recorded Jason's dialogue, but I've done that before and not knowing when the person's coming on I've missed a bit of dialogue and taped bits I didn't want. I did that with Prime Suspect and wished now I'd taped the whole show.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:31 am

Does any one know if he's the bad guy, and so yes does he have long hair?? *drool*
LOL good question.

I don't care about history of Quebec but it seems to be an interesting movie, I am a sucker for period pieces (and all of the beautiful clothing that goes with them). I love being transported to another place and time *sighs* It's an escapism for me. :heart

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:07 am

Mon dieu. C'est magnifique Monsieur Isaacs.

~ML *bodythuddingtothefloor*

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:12 am

Je suis d'accord, il est beau. Huahuahua.

~me *thud*

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:15 pm

Since it was on CBC I saw it at 10:30pm in BC. Are you in Quebec? If so you must have seen it at 1:30am, or was it repeated when I saw it?
Yes, I'm in Québec. It was around 10, 10:30 here too, but I'm very slow at figuring these things out, so I'll leave the time zones calculations to you, :???: :D It's true, I'm really stupid with numbers. I never can remember if people out west see programmes BEFORE or AFTER us, ditto for the Atlantic. Sheesh, I'm slow.

Return to “General Forum”