SIMON'S CAT

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, kjshd05, Marie, fruitbat, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, Helen8

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:15 am

Aaw, Millie is adorable, Lisabella! I love the photo of all of them splayed out together on the sofa!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:34 am

Lisabella, your cats have opposite sleeping habits: one curled up; the other stretched to his limits! Adorable. And Millie has a sweet face. Thanks for sharing.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Aw, Lisabella, they are very sweet. I love Alice giving you the eye as you take her picture.

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks to all of you. I'm glad I managed to upload these pictures finally^^
I love the photo of all of them splayed out together on the sofa!
They had occupied the whole sofa and I was sitting in the small quarter next to Millie :D Every evening like that. Usually with my mama and my sister too :D
And we've got a large sofa but for the whole 'family' not enough^^

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Thank you so much! I loved them all! The pic of Millie is excellent!!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Cute pets. I love the one of the cats all sprawled out on the couch. My kitty, Chappy used to do that. What a ham.

~ML :hug

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:49 am

I am in shock! I was in Sainsbury's Supermarket today and the lady in front of me at the checkout spent £85 on cat food!!! I have never seen anyone buying so much cat food and it wasn't cheap stuff either, wonder if she has like a million cats all over her house? Was she doing a years worth of cat food shopping for one pampered puss? or is she feeding all the cats in the neighbourhood? I was dying to ask her but she would have probably thought, Nosey Bitch!

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 am

A friend of mine has two cats and he can spend a huge amount of money on their food. Although recently, he's had to buy special food for them since one of them is rather obese!

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:57 am

One of the boxes she had was Cat Milk, CAT MILK!! WHY? Don't cat's just drink regular milk anymore?

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:12 pm

CAT MILK????? The next time you go to that grocery store you'll have to find it and find out what exactly it is! haha I thought I heard somewhere years ago that cats aren't really supposed to drink milk.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:29 pm

It is quite simple. Cows milk can't be digested by cats. Yes - plenty of uninformed people feed cats cows milk but it is not good for them. They can remove what the cats can't digest (such as with lactose free milk for people). I'm sure that was what the concerned pet owner was buying for her cats.

I have seven cats and spend quite a bit each month on them for food. They eat a mid-high end premium cat food (less fillers and preservatives.) Feeding them a better food is similar to not feeding your kids McDonalds hamburgers for every meal.

In the end my food bill is still much less than feeding teenagers! ;-)

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Marie. I knew there was something about milk that was bad for them.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:45 pm

A lady I used to work with had a really snooty Siamese cat, I swear to god it used to look down it's nose at you [like Lucius] He would never drink anything but water from a running tap. Elsie used to take him out on a lead which I always thought was odd until I saw one of my neighbours taking her lop eared rabbit out for a walk one day in the Summer.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:03 pm

I love watching ferrets on a harness - they look so funny to me! I've never seen a bunny on a harness - I'd love to see that!!! Apparently a lot of folks train their cats on harnesses so they can take them for walks. I'm afraid mine will have none of it - I can't get near them with a collar. So I had them micro-chipped.

I volunteer at the zoo and I see the staff take out Ollie out 35 lb. Black Throated Monitor Lizard for a walk on a harness sometimes - it is quite a site - he is a pretty big guy! (People always call him a Komodo Dragon - yea right - like I'd pat a Komodo on the back - no thanks!!)

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:38 pm

I thought I'd posted this one already. A new, short, Simon's Cat video:

Lunch Break

Also, this one made me laugh out loud, unitl my friend pointed out that it wasn't normal feline behaviour and maybe there was something wrong with this cat:

Does your cat drink like this?