OT: National Theatre Live

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

OT: National Theatre Live

Post by fruitbat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:45 pm

You may have heard of this, but just in case…..

Since 2009, The National Theatre in London has been filming its plays. According to the venues page, there are locations all over Europe, the UK, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, the US and Canada. (Sorry Angel; there don’t seem to be any locations anywhere in South America!)

My friends and I just saw the two (filmed) versions of Frankenstein with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller alternating the roles of Frankenstein and the Creature. Both were really interesting experiences.

If you can’t get to London, go to one of the participating cinemas and it’s the next best thing. The upcoming schedules don’t have options yet to purchase tickets, (at, least, not for Canada), but I will be checking in periodically and my friend has signed for email alerts.

It is, sadly, Jason-free, but still might be an interesting way to spend an afternoon or evening.

Return to “General Forum”