IMPORTANT!!! How to join The Lost Girls

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

IMPORTANT!!! How to join The Lost Girls

Post by thunder » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:07 pm

The world would be a lot better place without spammers or trolls, but since they exist, we have to counter act them.

How to become a member when the registration is turned on:
Step 1: If you can see "register" in the top right corner, go ahead and create your own account.
Step 2 (optional): To prevent any misunderstandings, it can be a good idea to introduce yourself in the introduction topic after you have created your account: http://jasonisaacsonline.com/phpBB/view ... ?f=1&t=220 If you don't want to make an introduction, you can post on any other topic or send me a PM. It's not required to be very active to be a member. But it's a good idea to just let us know that you're here because of Jason Isaacs, and not to post suspicious links.

When we experience massive spam attacks, I will temporary disable the registration of new accounts to protect the forum. You can still register, but it's a bit more complicated during those periods.
How to become a member when the registration is turned off:
Step 1: Send an email to thunder at jasonisaacsonline dot com and tell me: Where you are from and what username you will use. You also have to tell me what your favorite Jason Isaacs movie or TV series is, what your favorite scene with Jason in that movie or tv series is, and what happens in the scene. It doesn't have to be an essay.
*Because of a very unfortunate event May 14 -15. 2014, you will also need a recommendation from an existing member. (We have to make sure a certain person doesn't get in here again.) I don't know for how long we will have to stick to this policy. I'm sorry. http://jasonisaacsonline.com/phpBB/view ... 043#p73515 If you don't know anyone, you can still send an enquiry, we may be able to think of a different solution.
Step 2: I will then create an account for you, and reply back to the same email you used with a password.
Step 3: You can now log in using the password I gave you. Change the password the first time you are logged in, and start posting.

I'm sorry we have to start doing this, hope you aren't scared away by it.

ln419

Re: IMPORTANT!!! How to join The Lost Girls

Post by ln419 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:05 pm

WOW! Sorry this is happening and causing such a headache for you thunder! (and other mods) They are indeed harsh measures, but an excellent solution (I hope!). Thanks for being so diligent :hug ~ellen

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:08 am

Great idea, thunder. :hands

revenante

Post by revenante » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:34 am

Oh dear - such a shame that this is necessary but as Ellen says, thanks to thunder and all the rest of the team for giving their time in this way.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Not the first time spammers made life harder! Curse them!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri May 16, 2014 6:34 am

Because of a rather persistent troll (yes, it registered again, and lied again about who it was and why it was here - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4983) I've now disabled registrations of new members. If you still want to join, follow the intructions above for how to register when registrations are turned off. I will however not let anyone in unless an existing regular member can verify your identity.

We have to go exclusive here.... :roll:

I don't know how long we'll have to stick to this policy. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri May 16, 2014 9:40 am

Hmmmm not just a plain troll but a stalker troll! Geez hope she/he gets a life!

Return to “General Forum”