Awrightawrightawright: A LOST thread.

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Awrightawrightawright: A LOST thread.

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:54 pm

Why fight it.

But speaking of fighting, the producers/directors/whomever are starting to piss me off. As Sprog would say, "WTF"?? Why must we tolerate the perpetual re-runs? I love Sun, I think she's adorable, I couldn't give a rat's patootie if she's pregnant. What the hell does that have to do with anything?? The only relevance it could have to their present predicament is to be the impetus for another bout of violence geared to securing some prenatal vitamins from Sawyer....(I have to say, I genuinely enjoyed that fight between him and Hurley. Sawyer disappearing under the blue tarp, yowling incoherently, was priceless. The only fight I've enjoyed, though.)

Am I the only one who has just a hint of difficulty buying this Libby thing?? Among other things, she was BRUNETTE in the hospital--they've been on the island over two months, right, and she ain't showing no roots??? What, Darma stocks L'Oreal next to the industrial-size vats of ranch dressing?? (maybe it was another of the Island's 'miracles') And why haven't we ever heard another word about the 'Tailie' who got snatched just before AnaLucia blew the other blonde away? There just seems to be waaaaay too much shrugging and going 'oh well' with these people. I want to smack them!! Get some curiosity, dudes!!!

eternal student
Location: The beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland, my Maryland

Post by eternal student » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:04 am

OK, I'll take you on .....

There's obviously something connecting children & the Others. Sun's pregnancy provides another opportunity to explore the connection.

Alternative hypothesis on Libby: Libby's hair may be naturally blonde, and dyed while in the hospital.

Given previous contacts with the Others, perhaps they think the tailie is dead. Plus, remember all the warnings about disease? I'd be avoiding the Others like the -um- plague.

Reruns? Check your listings...Lost is opposite "American Idol". Plus May is sweeps month, so they're holding out to run all new stuff during May. Series don't produce as many eps per season as they used to (I was amazed when I bought the first season of "Rat Patrol" on DVD--they did _36_ episodes!!!).

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:39 pm

Libby's hair looked more dark blonde than brunette to me. Don't forget there was still a chunk of time to go before either she or Hurley wound up on the island, and by that time Hurley had already been released from hospital, won the lottery and managed to go back to question Lenny about the numbers. I assume that Libby was well enough to have been released at some point too, and considering her coif who wouldn't fault her some highlights? The scene between her and Hurley at the cliff was very touching, though I felt my blood run cold after he asked if she thought he was capable of change.

Hurley beating the crap out of Sawyer was six kinds of awesome.

Where the fuck are Michael and Walt ... and even more to the point, has anyone missed them since they've been gone?

Still waiting to find out how Locke became paralyzed, though I suspect he never really was. Call it hysterical paralysis if you want, but I believe his condition is more psychological than physical.

Oh, by the by, did anyone notice the alarm sounding in the jungle right before Hurley saw Dave?

You just know all the fanboys are going over their screencaps, trying to decipher the hieroglyphics, god bless 'em.

We need more Eko meets the smoke monster. And polar bears. And deforestation of trees. That was one of the cooler parts of the show and you hardly ever see it anymore.

For me the biggest mind fuck is how they're going to tie everything together. Each show raises more questions than it answers and it's getting damn near impossible to keep track of everything and who's been in who's flashback without a score card. At some point the writers are going to have to tie things up and if they don't they'll be at serious risk of physical bodily harm at the hands of the fans.

AussieJo

Post by AussieJo » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:31 am

*yawn*

FUCK LOST.

Where's the Invasion thread?
Where's the Doctor Who thread?
WHERE'S THE BIG LOVE THREAD?????

It's your fault for watching shit TV, kids.

[Still lurking after all these years....and going craaaaazy for not having broadband to download all that Fichtnery Goodness and Paxton's Weekly Bumhole Display from Channel BT...]

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:08 am

The only reason I want the Micheal/Walt story back is so that we can get Eco back.

Found out the reason Lost didn't tape was DH (Damn Husband in this case) TIVO'd Dog Eat Dog re-runs from GSN and it became the third show to tape on the same time slot (I have a max of two) so out went Lost. After I looked at him and yelled "you made me miss Lost for re-peats of a lame stupid game show???" He took Dod Eat Dog off the Season Pass TIVO list - smart man!!

eternal student

Post by eternal student » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:00 am

Marie,

I'll get it off you to. Email me (plderrick@salisbury.edu) with your address.

Daughter came up with another reason Libby's hair is so light (without roots). They've been on the island for a couple of months. Daughter's hair would be snow-white at that (so would mine). And you're right, Gillian, it looked more dirty blonde before--and who knows? Maybe it was just dirty!!

Aussie, I tried to watch Big Love. I really like your dude, but just couldn't stomach the storyline.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:59 pm

WHERE'S THE BIG LOVE THREAD?????
But I can't get it! They're only showing it on The Movie Network. I've read the write-ups though. Sounds interesting and um, complicated.

The only thing we've seen of Dr. Who this year was the Christmas special and no word yet on when the third season will air. That's a hell of a hiatus if you ask me.

And stop being a stranger you big goof!

Marie

Post by Marie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:19 am

Pat - THANK YOU!!!!!! And DH thanks you also!!!!

That was an episode I would not have wanted to miss!!!

Cheers,
Marie

eternal student

Post by eternal student » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:37 pm

You're quite welcome!

Now that you've seen it, was it Libby in the hospital, or her twin?

Marie

Post by Marie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:59 pm

First thing off my tonge was Libby .... but then ... who the hell can say on this show?

On second thought - the series often shows very odd character path crossings (one of the things I love) but normally they are no quite so in your face as this one!. Still my vote is Libby. The hair color thing was odd though! But then again so are polar bears, black clouds of defensive dust and very large cans of Ranch Dressing............

I like Hurley even more now (especially after he beat the snot out of Sawyer!)

I am getting tired of looking at that alleged "Other" although I can't help but feeling like we are really being set up here!!!!

As with any good serialized show - you can bet I'll stay tunned!

Cheers,
Marie

I mean Jeez - look at the President of the United States and 24!!!!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:24 pm

"Lost" inspires a global online game

By Jeffrey Goldfarb

LONDON (Reuters) - More than 20 broadcasters around the world are uniting to run an interactive game based on the hit TV series "Lost", planting clues on different media formats to help solve a cryptic worldwide mystery.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=626972006
Like we ain't got enough puzzling shit going on already...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:55 am

AAAAAARRRGH!!!!

That's all I've got to say on the matter.
I mean really.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:13 pm

I have had it with "recap shows" these days. Lost has had as many recaps as first-run shows for Pete's sake!! Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy do them regularly. Hmmm. It's a Disney conspiracy: rake in the ratings (and big advertising bucks) on shows that only cost a tape editor's half-day salary. It must be because the writers haven't a clue how these shows are going to go and still keep viewer interest. :soap :furthermore :rave

There. I said it.
Helen

eternal student

Post by eternal student » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Me, too, Helene!

I've said it before & I'll say it again:

Rat Patrol, Season 1: _32_ episodes!!!!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:25 pm

I call your :soap :furthermore and :rave, and raise you a :shh