My-JI-Works-Blog-ToscaNini

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: My-JI-Works-Blog-ToscaNini

Post by thunder » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:37 am

I saw it on twitter. :D

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Tosca Nini wrote:My Lucius Malfoy cake is ready. See photo at @ninitosca Twitter account. It's delicious. Have already eaten one dark mark. Found the drawing at deviantart.com, by ebe-kastein. Great drawings they have there!
I can't find it. :-(

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:19 am

Fruitbat, here is the direct link to the cake (minus 1 dark mark and 2 Slytherin symbols)

https://twitter.com/Ninitosca/status/690962499580092417

The drawing I've adapted can be found here:

https://www.google.pt/search?q=ebe+kast ... IZhQC9M%3A

It all went very blueish, because the patisserie's printer was very short on green (yellow). But I think it looks even better in blue. I gasped when I collected the cake, it looked so stunning, like an old big tile. It looks better in reality than in the photo, because it always reflects a bit of light. A lady by my side also opened her mouth in awe, and said "the child that is going to receive this cake is going to feel so happy". I didn't dare to confess that I was the child. I could feel that in the patisserie they had a field day baking it because it came with 2 extra levels of chocolate cream and a nice decoration around it. Also the marzipan cover was added under the drawing, not only around the sides. The guy who sold me the cake was really smiling widely.

And you have no idea how delicious the cake is! As of today I have eaten 3 dark marks and 15 Slytherin symbols, plus the left column pilar. Lucius will be left to the end, I'm eating around him.

I'm calling it De-Lucius Cake. :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:46 am

Tosca Nini wrote: I'm calling it De-Lucius Cake. :D
I think this could be a good business idea. :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:39 am

Night Heron almost finished, reaching maximum suspense. That makes me eat more cake than I should! But I haven't touched Lucius yet. Almost there...

Haven't finished this one and am alredy thinking of another one, with Captain Hook! But I shouldn't... I can't... would become round like aunt Marge Dursley!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:52 am

Finished Night Heron. A really good book, that has many twists and turns. Highly recommended!

Now watching Star Wars Rebels. And enjoying it, surprisingly. It's well done, good dialogue, interesting plots. So far went up to ep6. This last one was less interesting than the others but I'm sure it'll get better. JI is great in ep4. He may not have paid much attention while recording the voice, but the animators really introduced it into the plot and character very well. Those deep bass words suit the Inquisitor really well. And his weapon... My God, his weapon is so impressive!

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:38 pm

I think I'll give Night Heron another chance. :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:59 am

Been watching very carefully The Patriot. Got so taken by it that will watch it again, but this time with the director and producer commentary. And will follow it by going for Field of Lost Shoes. They are about different wars, but I think they will be even better savoured in this way.

Meanwhile on the series front I've started The State Within. The editing is so quick that I'll have to watch, re-watch, re-re-watch... But only by seeing the 1st episode I think I'm going to have a great time. My, Jason really convinced me straight away that he was the British embassador in the USA! No food clues yet, but I'm hopeful... :yip

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:26 am

The State Within was what got me started... Haven't seen it in awhile now. :D

servalan

Post by servalan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:34 am

I agree with Tosca Nini that you need to watch each episode more than once - in fact I think it's a good idea to watch earlier ones again when you've watched a later one, because then e.g. you spot a guy in the earlier episode was the same one you just saw up to no good. If you can keep all the characters in your head you don't need to do it, but I found there is so much going on I couldn't remember everyone and every event. It's very closely plotted and you really have to concentrate.

Jason scrubs up well in a suit too! :cool:

I thought it was a shame there was no sequel. It would have been possible with a completely different story.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:58 pm

It's been a while but I'm sure I started The State Within, and gave up. I think it was only after reading/seeing an interview with Jason in which he said it was worth the effort, that I tried it again. It is one of my favourites.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:58 pm

I'm trying the 2nd episode of The State Within. On my 1st attemp only got half of the plot! And boy doesn't he look dashing in a suit, JI...

StarWars Rebels watching is progressing well (ep1.8), and surprise, surprise The Inquisitor is back in ep2.16 as a Guard in The Temple, whatever that is..., of Jedis, I think. He was a former Jedi Knight and now is approximately dead (!?):

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2545187

So, on for The Patriot with commentaries and next Field of Lost Shoes. After that The State Within ep 2 again.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:29 am

Patriot done, with commentary. Everytime I watch it, I want to marry Tavington, which is weird because he is such a Butcher. But the eyes, the hair, the demeaner, the body... irresistible :oops:
Plus, it's a good movie, definitely.

Smaller scale, but interesting is Field of Lost Shoes. And it really is good to watch it after The Patriot. I found it difficult to understand the Southern accent, so there I have to rewatch this movie, which is no problem at all, it's a heartfelt movie. Not a masterpiece, but the story and the actors are very captivating.

These 2 films got my attention to battle tactics. The Patriot's commentary gives a lot of information on it. And JI's part on Field of Lost Shoes mostly deals with that. So I have to get my ears accustommed to their way of talking, to get the full scope of the Battle.

Then I have to find where I put episode 9 of Star Wars Rebels. I'm finding it good fun to follow, always liked cartoons anyway.

And to end the JI spree for the week, rewatch ep2 of The State Within, and probably re-rewatch...

Not a bad time all in all... :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Re-watching is good :D
I like it when he does complicated story lines, I have a reason to re-watch. Although I don't really need that excuse...

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Tosca Nini wrote:Patriot done, with commentary. Everytime I watch it, I want to marry Tavington, which is weird because he is such a Butcher. But the eyes, the hair, the demeaner, the body... irresistible :oops:
Plus, it's a good movie, definitely.

I don' think you're alone there. (Not me! Others. :D )
And to end the JI spree for the week, rewatch ep2 of The State Within, and probably re-rewatch...

Not a bad time all in all... :D
Re-watching is great; you get an idea of when to use the the fast forward function. It's particularly useful when watching The Patriot. :D

Return to “General Forum”