My annual "Merry Christmas" thread

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

My annual "Merry Christmas" thread

Post by fruitbat » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Also,

Does anyone have special plans this year? The fruitbat extended family Christmas Day will be at my brother's this year. I will be attempting to make tiramisu truffles. I had two overnight crafting weekends with my 7 year old niece. I had a delicious Christmas lunch with two friends and I will be going to see Mystical Landscapes: Masterpieces from Monet, Van Gogh and More at the Art Gallery of Ontario.

The older I get, the simpler my Christmases become. I like that.

And you?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Re: My annual "Merry Christmas" thread

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:32 pm

That made me laugh out loud, fruitbat!!
For Christmas, I took advantage of a free hotel night I earned on a business conference and took DH to see a traveling exhibit about Martin Luther and art from the time of the Reformation. I enjoyed a lovely long soak in a huge tub that somebody else is paid to scrub; the exhibit was full of interesting things; and we had a yummy Italian meal with delicious "matchstick" strands of zucchini.
That'll work!!
Hope all of you are enjoying holiday times with loved ones--here's to peace and health in the new year.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:49 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:That made me laugh out loud, fruitbat!!
For Christmas, I took advantage of a free hotel night I earned on a business conference and took DH to see a traveling exhibit about Martin Luther and art from the time of the Reformation. I enjoyed a lovely long soak in a huge tub that somebody else is paid to scrub; the exhibit was full of interesting things; and we had a yummy Italian meal with delicious "matchstick" strands of zucchini.
That'll work!!
Hope all of you are enjoying holiday times with loved ones--here's to peace and health in the new year.
That's what I forgot, matches! I just this second got in from my absolutely last shopping trip. Last week I bought a balsam-scented candle as a treat for myself but I don't have any matches. I keep forgetting to buy them.

Sorry for the threadnap. :oops:

That sounds lovely, Hilary. Especially the "free" part.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:48 pm

We've had our pork rib an steak dinner, and have unwrapped the presents. We do it on Christmas eve in Norway. Very good catch this year, I must say. :D We just do as we always do. No one dares to mess with traditions. Tomorrow we'll be at our cabin by the ocean, and it's my turn to cook. Wish me luck...

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:59 pm

Had a Honey Baked Ham - do that every Christmas Eve! Mom, Brother and SIL and two sets of friends. Family and friends - who could ask for anything else!

:D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:37 am

My Christmas:
23 Dec: Post brings The Exorcist keyring sent by Ben Daniels (!!!!) wrapped in a Sainsbury's freezer bag(???). Jumps of joy!!!
Binge watching The OA from 8pm til 1am (couldn't stop...).
24 Dec: 8-10am - Meteorological observation (fog at the airport, dew, a bit cold, but sunny),
10am-6pm hasty last minute preparations (last presents and food). Carrying loaded trolley
to my mum's (who can barely walk).
8-11:30pm Xmas Eve Dinner: Turkey with beans à la Alentejana, King Cake, sonhos (dreams),
filhós, azevias (sweet potato filled), assorted nuts.
Presents opened at 11pm. 11:30 - vain attempt to watch Rogue One in bed (fell asleep around 40min in)
25 Dec: Up at 6am (damn! and the bus to work is driven by a mad man who doesn't know where he is going)
8-10am - Meteorological observation - clear skies, mighty sunny - 5 days mean indicates we are now finally in winter
10:30 - Going home to eat heaps of Xmas food (lunch - Salmon with beans à la Alentejana), watch the odd mass on TV
26 Dec: Abnormal Boxing Day (we don't have it as a holiday, but our generous government - bless them - gave us a freebie)
Lunch and dinner Alkaselzer and mineral water

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Drove up to Beaumont Friday night—no traffic! Looks like "getaway day" was Thursday. Yay!

Cooked leg o' lamb Christmas Eve. Cherry pie a la mode for dessert. Yum.

Christmas dinner with friends at a restaurant in Rancho Mirage. Double yum!

This is my first time on the Internet since getting here. Belated Merry Christmas to All!! Getting a jump on the new year: Happy Early New Year to All!!

Return to “General Forum”