The Power of Poetry

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

The Power of Poetry

Post by thunder » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 am

The entire event has been posted on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/WKoVNqjNqtY

Takes about an hour and a half. They discuss poetry, and actors like Jason, Helena Bonham Carter, Sue Perkins and Tom Burke reads different poems in between. Quite interesting. I wouldn’t have watched it if it wasn’t for Jason, but I feel more enlightened and cultural now. :mrgreen:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: The Power of Poetry

Post by Helen8 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Okay. I cheated. I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing at this sitting, so I only watched Jason's segments. Especially liked Voice. When they discussed #MeToo, Helena read Phenomenal Woman beautifully. Thanks for posting this, thunder. I plan to watch it in it's entirety.

servalan

Post by servalan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:27 pm

Thanks for this, Thunder.

Although Jason read well as usual, my favourite was actually Helena Bonham Carter reading Maya Angelou's poem Phenomenal Woman. I love it.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Phenomenal Woman was my favourite as well. :hands Was it planned that she was going to read that? :scratch

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:49 pm

It kinda looked like it had a Post-It on it marking the page as though it would be read if there was time. I think the #MeToo discussion triggered the reading.

servalan

Post by servalan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:26 am

I was just thinking that Sarah Montague, who introduced the others, could well be a Jason fan, given the excited introduction she gave him, about Jason being in everything. In general, Jason seems to slip under the radar of many people, we know he can go on the Tube and not be bothered, but Sarah certainly knew who he was!

Return to “General Forum”