Reader's Digest interview

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Reader's Digest interview

Post by thunder » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:21 am

Trying to not melt away... 36 degrees (celsius) here yesterday. I live in Norway, this isn't normal. :helens

Jason talk about different things, among them the Star Trek cruise.
https://www.readersdigest.co.uk/culture ... son-isaacs

:D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Reader's Digest interview

Post by Marie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:46 am

100 degrees Fahrenheit here in Orlando thunder - and that is really bloody hot with the humidity!!!!!

Nice article! It sounds like Jason is beginning to embrace the cruise. I do hope he does a Game Show. That would be fun!

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:47 am

My appartment is built to keep me warm in -20 degrees, it's a sauna in 36 degrees... Well, today is only 31, degrees, but I don't really feel it. Still warm. Puh...! I'm going on a road trip with my sister tomorrow, and going north and west in Norway, will probably be a bit colder.

Are you going on the cruise? :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:53 am

(I didn't think Reader's Digest was still in publication. The British spelling might have something to do with it.)

Um. Yesterday we reached 103. Yuchhh! Today we get a reprieve: 100. Luckily it's a dry 100. Sorry, Marie.

He always gives a witty and inciteful interview. Thanks, thunder.

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks for that, Thunder. The B&W photo is at the head of the article is very swoonworthy. :adore

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:16 am

It is, I think I've seen it before somewhere... :scratch

Marie

Post by Marie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:42 pm

A couple of Lost Girls are taking the plunge and going on the cruise. Two of us are new and one has been on several. I’ll vouch for the fact that it is quite pricey. Probably not of much interest to our fandom unless you love cruising and adore Star Trek - because it is Star Trek 24/7. I for one can hardly wait.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:54 pm

They had a panel about the Cruise, moderated by two cruise line employees. Guests included Frakes, McFadden, Q (can't think of his name just now), and others who I can't remember. (I'll ask DH when he gets home.) It sounds exciting. They didn't mention price . . . even the starting price. The schedule said that Jason and Wil Wheaton were going to discuss the cruise, but neither of them were there. :-(

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:35 pm

You are going to have a great time. :D

I don't mind cruising, but I'll leave the Star Trek cruise to the Star Trek fans (and I'll be working anyway...)

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:20 am

For price - imagine a "normal" non-discounted cruise price - then add a premium of about 75-100% to the price - prices of course are per person - double occupancy (got to pay for all that ST stuff some how!) Then add flight, hotel night before, trip excursions, drinks (even charges for soft drinks and bottled water), autographs, photos, etc. Gulp. Apparently folks who have been on the cruise before pay a little less (my first so I pay full price.)

So I'm not surprised they did not mention the "starting" price. The original lowest price is already sold out. The lowest price now is $2,125 per person (double occupancy) inside cabin. For the equivalent cabin - my husband and I paid $799 per person on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas when it was only 1 year old.

From what I hear it's not like the talent will be walking around the ship among the fans - they have their own section of the ship (to get away from us crazies!) However I understand that Will Wheaton will be playing poker, and some of the stars lead shore excursions. Otherwise it is mostly like a convention. They have panels and evening events where you can see the stars.

It will be interesting to say the least.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:52 am

These are the cast members who appeared at the cruise panel: Michael Dorn, Denise Crosby, Gates McFadden, Jonathan Frakes, Ethan Phillips, and John de Lancie.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee61 ... 8tenii.jpg

Return to “General Forum”