Happy Holidays

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Happy Holidays

Post by thunder » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:07 am

Well, that's good news then. Take it easy and be patient. Hope it heals quickly.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:02 pm

*sneaks in, looks around, and ...* Oh, hey there! Happy New Year! :yip I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year!

I may not have been around, but I was thinking about you guys! Somehow I've managed to lose track of time between November and now. I also owe about 6 people proper emails. Oh, and I should probably put away that box of blank Christmas cards I never wrote out. :bag: There was some unexpected travel out to California for Christmas (not in a bad way, just not planned out ahead of time).

I have all of these little academic projects bubbling (some of which were rather unexpected, but in a good way!)- so I've been thinking about them, but unsuccessfully working on them. Then I got not one but TWO sinus infections between mid November (it made a conference presentation REALLY interesting, especially with that 5 second cold-medicine-moment where I might have spaced out mid-thought on 50 people in one small room -awkward!) and last week. And then last week, it was confirmed, I did, indeed, break a molar on something hard, probably an unpopped popcorn kernal. Yay, me! So tomorrow it's off to the oral surgeon to see what the plan is.

I have to admit I've been hanging out on Instagram a bit more than usual - probably because there are more photos of horses, cats, and archaeology than politics. Mostly, I'm hoping that 2019 is more positive than 2018 -in many ways (especially, if I get to go back to Cairo in the fall!!! YAY!!)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:24 am

Wow, LS! Sounds like everything hit you at once: sinus infection AND broken molar? OUCH! I don't ever look forward to a dentist visit. I hope that all will be well soon. Glad to see you back here again. Take care of yourself.

Return to “General Forum”