Puzzled

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

Puzzled

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:08 am

I just watched thin youtube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBSaXSPUU18

1 min 12 seconds onwards puzzled me. I have never seen this before. Is this Jason and the girls at home. If so what was the context.

Hope you can answer this as I am baffled.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Puzzled

Post by thunder » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:27 am

Yes, it is. It's quite old, and I don't quite remember the details around it, but you can see it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCt5rknmtw

Jason explained it to us in an email:
So, the video. It’s certainly an experience watching it – regardless of the fact it’s me. It was made by a woman called Polly Steele who is a director of both drama and documentary and who asked me if she could do a portrait a while back to go with a series of portraits she was doing. It turned out when she came to my house that she meant a video portrait. In the background you can see Emma’s grandma in the wheelchair and, obviously, Lily and Ruby waltz in and out. I was just trying not to blink and then, when she held on me for minutes in extreme close-up, think a variety of thoughts – some less noble than others – to see if it was possible to tell later. I hope not!
https://jasonisaacsonline.com/phpBB/vie ... 29&p=66512

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:10 pm

I absolutely love that. First of all I cannot get over that he does not blink! That must have taken a lot of concerntration. Love his house. And so sweet to see Emma's Gran (bless her) Which is which with the girls. They look a happy family. I feel oddly guilty watching it though.

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:17 pm

I remember when it showed up online it was for a long time one of my favorite portraits ever created. Great idea, to record instead of just taking a picture. And it's so sweet when he cracks up at the end. 🥰

I think the only thing that hit me more than that was EpicTea Time with Alan Rickman, done by David Michalek.

Jason had some really good photo sessions since then, but it's absolutely special to watch.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:11 pm

Thank you for mentioning "EpicTea Time" with Alan Rickman. That was incredible. Sitting through 7+ minutes watching tea being made by him . . . and what follows . . . was a blast. nuke.gif

Alan was the reason I read the Harry Potter books (as an adult in my 50s). So. Had it not been for him, I might not have found Jason. Even though I'd seen Jason in two older movies, where I noticed him and he stood out to me as a good actor . . . it ended there.

The preview for Chamber of Secrets where he said, "Let us hope Mr. Potter will always be around to save the day." got my interest, which is why I've been a Lost Girl since then. :cool:

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:43 am

I never wanted to watch Alan as some wizard, so avoided HP as much as I could. Some friends were trying to convince me I should give it a chance... so I finally gave up. I started with Half-Blood Prince and watched all 3 last movies. I totally felt for crumpled, shaking, coward, all disheveled and beaten up by Voldemort. His barely audible "My Lord" at the table, just before Voldi destroys his wand, was what brought my attention instantly. He was so unique against those superstars sitting at that table.

Return to “General Forum”