Jason's Voice

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

Jason's Voice

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 pm

This might sound a strange comment but how much does an actor need a deep voice. I think it is something that really adds to an actors talent. Jason has it, Alan Rickman had it, and Richard Burton did as well. Do actresses need the richer voice tones as well? Thoughts please.

Antoni Bandzior

Re: Jason's Voice

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:48 am

I think it's about the range they can get. In every voice work, doesn't matter if you're a singer or an actor/actress, it's important to be versatile and able to do different vocal range or accents. It does give you more opportunities while working. Especially with voicing animations, games and such. More range - more options for characters.
Jason is very capable in that matter - from deep, dark, guttural, to squeaking and pitchy voice on high C level.

I'd like someone with equipment and knowledge about it to make some research about voices and thier impact. As a hyperacusis, and with misophonia I get poked by different sounds that are totally random and harmless for others, while in the same time some sounds have almost healing properties. I discovered long time ago that certain sounds(it probably depends on MHz) can work as a calming draught, while others instantly gives me rage state.

I remember Rickman's voice worked as arousing sound, and I have a friend who has similar tones when he speaks - so I assume it's connected to the exact MHZ of their voices, that gives the brain certain impulse. I can never fall asleep while listening to Cumberbatch's audiobooks - because his voice makes me aware and vigilant, like in a state of danger, while listening to Armitage is quite relaxing, but not to the state of sleeping.

I used Jason's audiobooks as a healing method on my daughter, she had an epilepsy and his audiobooks helped with seizures and epileptic states many times when medicine didn't work. It worked every time when I needed her to get some sleep, it took 10-15 minutes and does't matter how bad she was, that always helped. I know I get sleepy too(it's having some calming properities), so if I want to listen to his audiobooks I need to do something with other half of the brain at the same time, like painting or drawing, to stay awake. (Pratchett's one was different - too much changes, because of the characters - all the voices were different in tones, accents and sounds. There was no moment of long narration there, for the brain to just adjust to one wave.)

I'm not sure if I answered your question though. :lol :lol :lol

Anniemouse

Re: Jason's Voice

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:13 pm

Thank you for such an amazing post and love to your daughter. :hug

Return to “General Forum”