Soldier

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Malfoy Grandma

Soldier

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:36 am

:oops: Nothing worthwhile on the boob-tube the other night, so I taped "Soldier" for my husband to watch next day. I have the dvd and could have let him watch that. Happily, the scene of our Jason as the yucky commander of troops was not shown in his ultimate embarrassment of a fluid nature, so I could watch without as much irritation. Too bad Jason did not have the lead. I am never in charge of casting! But that's the way it goes.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:24 am

AAaaahhhhhh....Soldier!! My first JI DVD commentary!!!
Watch that scene with the commentary turned on, MG, and you too can snicker away happily!!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:40 am

Soldier was on late night cable and I decided to tape it. (Us old ladies don't stay up that late). In the first place I don't like Sci-Fi and I don't like mass distruction. Anyway, I got though it by fast forwarding all the scenes that Jason wasn't in. He, of course played his role very well. Didn't like the mustache. Made him look like a whimp which I presume his charactor was. I liked the facial hair in The Green Zone and The Dumb Waiter. It was sexy. But this turned me off.
It's another movie I can scratch off my Jason list. Won't buy this DVD as I wouldn't want to see it again even if it does have Jason.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:44 am

Don't know why above message came out guest. It's really me grannybear.
Maybe I signed in wrong. Or oops, maybe I didn't sign in.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:30 am

Jason may play a bad guy in this film, but he does it so well. (sigh) ~marilaine :cool:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:41 pm

His commentary about decisions like the 'weasely 'stache' is hilarious though--maybe snag a used DVD on eBay??

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:21 pm

:lol I didn't notice that......will have to check it out.....~marilaine :cool:

Soule

Post by Soule » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:17 pm

This film is a no brainer sit down and watch, you dont need to think and you can just lust over some of the muscular bodies.

Sean Pertwee is in it (and he is another good Brit actor) and although i am not a Kurt Russel fan I do find him attractive in this.

All in all I enjoyed it for what it was, and I hate to confess I could watch it again and again (but Im not sure if its for the right reasons) - I have already watched it a few times prior to my admiration of JI :oops:

JI in this is ok, nothing to write home about, he plays a stereotypical bad guy, the script is not anything complicated so nothing for any of the actors to get their teeth into.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:19 pm

This one is at the top of my list of "why the hell did he make that movie?" list. Followed closely by Hotel.

Really hated it. However my husband liked it.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Soldier isn't my cup of tea, but i still have 2 copies. (I bought the region 2 first, but then i heard that Region 1 had commentary track. :oops: Why am I explaining myself...?

You are busy watching Jason films now a days, Angel... What a great way to spend your time! :D

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Sometimes when you are new on the scene you have to take whatever comes your way regardless of how good it is.
Once you get a bit of a name you can get more choosey. I'm sure some of his early work he wouldn't do again.

I taped this. Didn't have to buy the DVD.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:43 am

Okay, it's a Paul Anderson movie (not that I have anything against Mr. Anderson LOL) and better than Event Horizon. I mean, at least it was watchable. And I found Jason very sexy with that mustache, to be quite honest.

~me

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:47 am

I liked this movie! I especially liked the commentary when Jason showed up! It was hilarious when he was discussing the right colour for his urine! I think he settled on pineapple juice!

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”