sideline images!

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Malfoy Grandma

sideline images!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:58 pm

:cool: Saw a very nice fan-video on YouTube called "My Hero" with lots of pictures of Jason, and there was a nice picture taken off-camera during the shooting of "Divorcing Jack" showing Jason, the star and a couple of other guys sitting there chatting, waiting, while something else was being shot, and our sophisticated Jason was ... playing the Harmonica!
Last edited by Malfoy Grandma on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malfoy Grandma

ERROR!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:10 pm

:bat At my dumb self! Wrong video! I went back and looked at that video and found the thing I saw ... "behind the scene of Divorcing Jack" right there by the same maker. Well, it WAS our Jason playing the Harmonica! Where did that come from, anyone?

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:59 pm

I believe it was from a 'Behind the Scenes' feature on the Region 2 DVD, although don't quote me on it.

He's a man of hidden talents to be sure.

Malfoy Grandma

Thanks, Gillian

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:19 am

:D I really appreciate your work and answering. I know it doesn't matter but I really enjoyed seeing JI horsing around with the other actors. Real laughs for them.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:00 am

I have a vague memory that Gillian is right, MG--the version of this DVD that was sold in the UK apparently included more material than the bare-bones version WE got!

He can also do a hell of a "yo cabbie" whistle and some pretty slick magic tricks. Among his first modes of employment was entertaining at children's parties doing sleight of hand etc.

Malfoy Grandma

Love it!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:02 am

I can just see him being adored by little kids, and probably mamas on the side! Really, did he dress as a clown?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:12 am

Heehee!!!!

I don't think so!! I was picturing more the top hat-and-tails kind of effect, but I really have no idea!
He was an adorably gangly little spud in his youth!

Malfoy Grandma

A little spud?

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:15 am

You are just making my day! Thank you!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:17 pm

The man never ceases to amaze me..and I luv the way he always is having a grand time, no matter what is going on, especially when he's working...It shows in his fotos and interviews
Kim

Malfoy Grandma

Hi, Kim!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:55 am

:D You are right! He sure seems to enjoy his work and his life. Let's hope it not all actinv!

Malfoy Grandma

that "cabbie" whistle!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:07 pm

:roll: I know of at least two places I've seen and heard that whistle ... in Dangerous Lady, during the wedding stuff, Mickey (JI) whistles. And again during Passionada, Charly (JI) whistles at the singer, the first time he hears her in a restaurant. Doesn't she call him "the whistler" later? Very useful talents! I would like very much to see him in the role of an aging farmer or something, picking his teeth with a long straw and playing that harmonica! Jiminy Crickets!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:14 pm

Please no overalls-- :shock:

Malfoy Grandma

You City Folks!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:23 pm

:cool: Hey, girly! When I was a little kid we used to go to dances at old ramshackle dance halls out in the country! There we danced with whoever asked, and those middle aged farmers who were keeping watch over their daughters only danced when the lively little band struck up a schotisch (sp!) or a polka. Then they always picked one of us girlies to dance with, and wow! Overalls and work boots, they could stomp and swing just great! Took your breath away when they took you off your feet and into the air! Then they'd grin and say "thanks, girl", straighten out those bib overalls, and go back to sit by their wives! It was as much fun as jitterbugging with one of their sons!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:03 pm

Ima city girl, and overalls do nuthin' for me, but geez, MG, you sure do conjure up a nice dance scene!!

Malfoy Grandma

More Fun Than Monkies!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:13 pm

:oops: It was LOTS of fun! Those older men were the daddies of my friends, and they all liked pudgy brunettes even though their sons had different tastes. And they did not make unwelcome passes, feelies, or wicked proposals, which to a kid was what really recommended them! About all they might do that was even remotely suggestive was wink! Of course their nice farmer's wife companions were quite watchful and gave rather cool smiles sometimes. Fun, fun! And the attached country style beerhall sold drinks to anybody tall enough to put a dime on the counter! Of course being a self-righteous little prig, I did not do THAT!

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”