Passionada

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Re: Passionada

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:31 pm

thank you Helen for offering :woot

Marie, let me know what you find :yip

the more I view Passionada, the less I notice the hair and the wardrobe :brows

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:20 pm

My sister got to see his "hello,Hello" scene with the squirrel last airing, and she laughed and laughed. :'-)

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Helen do you still have a few left? I would love one or two...I had meant to answer sooner...a terrible faux pas. :roll:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Kate, I've got 7 left.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Okay. Last call for Passionada cards. Only want to make one trip to the P.O. :cool:

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 pm

I was watching the making of BREAKING DAWN, part 2 (TWILIGHT), and there's a bit of the opening music from Passionada playing in the background of the Forever scene.

~ML :scratch :hands

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:24 pm

I was watching DANCE MOMS, the 4th Season (or is it 5?), and I noticed they're playing bits of the music from Passionada in the background. Like when the moms are discussing problems, or their girls' solos,duets, etc

~ML :scratch :loco :rave

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 pm

I've heard it in commercials, too.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:47 pm

It was some GREAT music! I've heard it too :D ~ellen

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 pm

I actually bought the Passionada music CD when the movie came out. Really loved the music!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm

I did the same. Kept it in the car stereo for a looooooong time. Didn't get tired of it.

Hot Wheels

Re:

Post by Hot Wheels » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:26 am

Gillian wrote:I tend to agree with you about the hair, Précieuse. I don't know why there's an aversion to using his own, as I find it quite attractive and perfectly suitable for modern roles. Obvious exceptions would be for Malfoy, Hook, and Tavington of course, where length dictates a wig, but in cases like Passionada or Tuxedo, it comes across as quite artificial.

And for the record I hated the shaved look in Black Hawk Down. Only a few men can pull off bald and unfortunately he's not one of them.

Favorite look -- the fashion shoot for Hugo Boss. Much love to the photographer for that one.
The DVD for Passionada (specically, the commentary on the "Special Features" DVD) has the explanation for the wig: JI had just filmed BHD, and his hair hadn't grown back in.

Granted, that particular wig may have been WAY OOC, but it served its purpose (and, IMO, went well with the character of Charles Beck, as did the wardrobe).

If anyone's interested, Passionada is on at 10:10 PM (ET), on the MoviePLEX cable network! :woot

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Jason explained to us that normally an actor would go to be fitted for a wig some time before filming begins but since he replaced another actor and had scant time to prepare (very very little time for Passionada if I remember correctly) - well ... he got the rug he got. But I'm happy he did this movie.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:07 am

Ok caught up with this movie today and I enjoyed it.

Must mention the wig that seemed to have a life of its own (why did he have to wear it he look cool as is) but from reading your posts on this thread he seemed to have got the role at the last minute and considering that he was really memorable in a romantic role.

I was just thinking the other day about how actors must have been struggling recently to get great roles let alone now and the in the near future.

Studios seemed obcessed with safe bet movies, writers seemed to be not treasured as they should and actors must be stuck wondering if they are ever going to get great roles. For me the industry (for the most part) does not really care much about the quality of its output and even Oscar nominated movies do not get the backing from the studios as the blockbusters.

Could you see It's a wonderful life, Bullitt, Apocalypse Now, Clockwork Orange, or so many classic films ever getting the green light now.

Jason has incredible range and so far I have enjoyed everything I have seen him in (I reserve judgement on the Last Minute :D

I think the industry needs producers directors and writers who want to be brave and different.

By the way the scene where Charlie shows the English food cracked me up ::rofl

servalan

Post by servalan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:28 pm

I don't think it's mentioned in this thread - the reason Jason is wearing The Wig (which I hate) is because he had just made Black Hawk Down with a shaved head, and so he had no hair. I suppose the romantic hero needed some hair. Also, I think I remember reading that he was given the part at short notice, so the wig had to be procured quickly, and was not fitted properly as it could have been - and this was a film made on a shoestring.

I like the film, although it has some unbelievable parts to it. The food scene is very sexy. I like the way we don't know when Jason is making it all up and when he is telling the truth.

There is also an alternative ending, which might be on your DVD.

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”