"The Highlander" TV series

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:36 pm

yeah but he has a lot of screen time in this episode, I would recommend seeing it only for our Jase, Marilaine! :oops:
(check out the youtube link posted on this thread, if you haven't already)

*hugs n kisses*

~me

SaraR

Re: "The Highlander" TV series

Post by SaraR » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Haha this is almost a year after the last post, but I have watched Highlander, most of the entire series and can explain the whole 'eye wigging' thing.

Basically, when one immortal comes in range of another immortal, they get a sensation that the other person is near. It's not anything they ever explain, as far as the origin or whatnot, but usually in the series it has some kind of music with it.

I vaguely remember seeing the episode with Jason's character, back when it was on in the afternoons on the USA network. I believe his character had a brief relationship with Amanda, and then it just sort of went nuts, like it always seemed to do for her. :lol

It's a fun series, I know that most of it is available on Netflix now, at least for US viewers if you have a subscription, but I haven't taken the time to watch it.

At the time I really loved Highlander, but having seen them all, it's a bit cheesy. I'll get to it eventually though, I can suffer through some cheese for Mr. Isaacs. :mrgreen: It's too bad they didn't keep him around for a while though, it would have been a nice addition to the cast.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:34 pm

I can suffer through some cheese for Mr. Isaacs.
That and a whole lot of patience are definite requisites!

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:30 pm

I thought I'd do a more detailed review since I had a chance to Netflix the episode the other night. Actually, it turns out it's kind of a landmark episode, since it's the first time Amanda, one of the characters that was on and off through the entire series, made her debut. She's basically a super klepto and was partners with Zachary (Jason's character). The flashback, of course, had the requisite bad wigs, and it really gets me how bad they were, but I suppose that's how it works on shows like that. Ugh.

I actually do remember seeing this several times in circulation on USA and it did make me laugh a lot, as it often does... I can say Ritchie, Duncan's 'sidekick', drives me absolutely up the wall, just like he did back in the 90s. :lol

Anyway, I really do like Jason's character, and I wish they'd developed it more and had him on for a few episodes. Unfortunately, with a show like that, the bad guy is almost certainly doomed, which is kind of annoying after a point, but I think it would have been interesting for him to stay around, plus, I mean really, with Netflix streaming them, it would make it more fun to watch more than one episode... well, I don't know about fun, but I felt like I was back in 9th grade again.

I think my favorite parts were the beginning when he broke out of the prison transport vehicle AND straight jacket, jumped on a car transport truck and hotwired a car, and then at the end when he used a trash can lid as a shield.

At least he made his screen time worth it, and that's what counts :)

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 am

before Netflix and youtube, in order to see this episode, I had to buy the entire season LOL (dont even remember which Season this episode aired)

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:30 am

I have this episode recorded, didn't want to buy the entire season...I'm not a big fan of Highlander, never been LOL

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 am

Hahaha, yeah honestly watching it now, I was like good lord, I watched this every day?!

It makes sense for me though, I love stuff about history and fantasy, and it had its funny moments. Still though, it's SO CHEEEESY :dunce :dunce :dunce

I did find it amusing Zachary strangled someone with his legs, while wearing a straight jacket. LOL! That opening scene really is ridiculous and awesome. :)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:34 pm

That opening scene really is ridiculous and awesome.

Kinda like the first 10 minutes of any Bond flick, huh?

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Well yes and no, being that Jason's a lot more interesting than any of the recent Bond films have been.

It would be great to see him in a role like that. I could handle it. :)

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:09 pm

I agree, it's ridiculous and awesome :)
I love Jason and will watch anything with him in it good or bad LOL

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Speaking of ridiculous and awesome, I might go on a hunt for Dragonheart today, if I can actually talk myself into getting out of bed.
I guess if all else fails, I can just go online and order it, but I really need to get out of the house. :???:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:35 pm

You won't be disappointed, Sara. Jason is mean and funny in Dragonheart.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:29 pm

It's definitely worth adding "DragonHeart" to your DVD collection.

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Oh I know, I've seen it multiple times, just never really thought about buying it. I do that a lot. Gary Oldman is another one of my favorites and I have hardly anything of his on DVD.

I was able to find Dragonheart AND Passionada today, and a few others. I am very relieved as well, that I only spent about $29.00 US and was able to buy 5 DVDs. Days like that are awesome :D

I think Dragonheart is going to go on after I get a couple of my thermal curtains up. :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Wait, 29 dollars on 5 DVDS? That's a bargain!

~me

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”