WIGS

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

LadySekhmet

Re: WIGS

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Helen8, and yet again he proves to us that he is super-intelligent and perhaps the smartest man on the planet and not just in movie-NASA-world. lol. :cool:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 am

Thanks thunder for that 2nd linkage; it did the trick for me and my 'puter! :D It takes some guys a while, but if they have good, smart friends they can actually learn from. They should learn early from both their friends AND (if they're fortunate, their fathers) to learn their mom's (and other female relatives and friends) are correct more often than not. I think Jason just picked that up instinctively. He says a couple of times that he's addicted to the channel. Good for him!!! LN

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Kendra Episode 3 is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNKtCKL ... tk&index=3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ep. 4 is up, too. No Jason in either, but his character is discussed. And he makes a brief appearance in the behind the scenes features.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 am

Episode 5 now up (need to watch Episode 4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jlRbIlp7k

SeattleMel

Re: WIGS - pics from FOX LA interview

Post by SeattleMel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 am

Dont think I saw anyone mention this, yet.

LA Fox channel put up its pictures from that week of their Kendar interview here http://www.myfoxla.com/story/20171060/p ... ember-26th and Jason's pics start around #85

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:44 am

Finally watched the two episodes with Jason in.

He was funny. Very funny. He is a naturally funny, funny man. DO MORE COMEDY, JASON! PLEASE! IT IS YOUR DUTY! :woot <-- me imploring in a positive, encouraging way.

As for the films ... the premise was an interesting one. I would have liked them to have done more with the script which I felt was a tad insubstantial. And the guy must be sick of having cardboard cut-out wives to act against. :bag: Admittedly, I've only watched the first two episodes so I can't comment on the quality of the rest ... but ... not sure I'll make it to the others.

But the concept was a good and valid one and it's brilliant that he did it.

And he gets many Brownie Points for making a hospital gown look sexy. :cool:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 am

Yes, The Man does have excellent comedic timing and he nailed his part. It would be nice to see him in a good, solid comedy. He gets taken out by too many pointy/blunt/gun-like instruments on a regular basis.

I have to admit that I was not enamored enough of Kendra to watch it beyond Jason's part (and it hasn't made me want to watch any of the others). I don''t need deep and serious all of the time, yet, these two episodes left me restless and unfulfilled (and not just because there was not enough Jason).

I still do not like Kendra. All she had to do as a nurse was to explain what exactly was going on with the meds instead of being mysterious and deliberately obtuse (it's not like she was overwhelmed with patients in that dim room!). My mother, a nurse, is certainly not like Kendra. I, however, have seen too many nurses who just don't have any interest in the patients or families, and-to me- Kendra seems just like one of them. So I have no interest in reliving moments where the nurse was dismissive of family- because that is not the role of the nurse. And Kendra's role - for me personally - was not interesting enough to make me want to watch more. There are enough angry people in real life - I don't need to watch more of them.

You're right, it is a good concept, but the series are 7 minutes each, so I guess you do not get very much character development, especially with the supporting cast, in a hour-ish long one shot. Yet...I suppose hospitals are transitional places with people passing in and out of them on a daily basis, and so we got exactly what happens - a series of snap shots of moments.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Well you two above me, I agree with ya, Jason has a really good friend who does comedy here big time, he has only to speak (seriously for a second) to Wilmer I think for him to have him guide him into that sort of role to see what that'd be like. It's never WHAT you know, but WHO you know (same goes with that Bond villian...), I learned by someone much smarter than I am that sitting by the phone or by the mailbox for "fate" to call isn't the best approach-if you want something, reach for the stars and make it happen for yourself, and he's done that a few times without knowing it anyway.

As for Kendra, if you'd continue watching including the "making of" parts, you'll learn that Jon Avnet (director) decided to take this particular piece into the military and show ultimatly how the military folks stick together, don't seem to want civilians in their world, because they've seen and done stuff we've never will and ultimately are in a club none of us civvies will ever be in. In epi 4, Macy talks to Kendra, offering her friendship and Kendra asks "have you NOT heard a word I've said"? You get a taste of the military in that first episode, but it's run through the whole thing; it's admirable to show the fallout of the wars we're fighting, but, well I guess I don't see or experience it in MY life either, although I give much credit to those who chose to fight for the causes of freedoms for our countries.

Lady S.: I TOTALLY agree with your mom, I DON'T think Kendra was being professional by NOT doling out information and teaching, and if Macy couldn't take in her teaching due to being overwhelmed, I'd just have booted her out to the waiting room chairs kindly provided by the hospital in the curtained area right outside those doors for the 30 minutes or so Jeff needed to reach a more normal status (a bit of O2, some time), enough so I as the nurse felt that relationship was on steadier ground, and he wasn't asking for a bj anymore, and a nurse can do a mini-mental exam (a doc doesn't have to be the one asking who the president is, nurses are smart enough to be able to ask those really tough questions!) and get someone up and help him with his pee dance...(AND even laugh, nurses DO laugh, really we're NOT all like Kendra...but working with nurses LIKE Kendra is very difficult, they never see humor in anything-very 'by the book'. They tend to keep their humor for within their 'club'. They don't make it easy to break into that club in the workplace. Thing about WIGS is, well now that you have that new toy, it COULD potentially be a great something to do on the bus...but "hold on tightly, the magic may dissapear suddenly by a snatcher' (gee, 2 movies in 1 sentence!) Kendra wasn't my fav (except for Jason's parts, which were hysterically funny, but I wanted to throttle Macy and wasn't happy with Kendra, so Jeff was the ONLY character left to like-Kuntz! And it was Jason! :D But there VERY good series that I've enjoyed tres much. ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:44 am

There are some behind the scenes pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

:D

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks LN :D
http://www.ology.com/post/245084/exclus ... es-kendra-

I had to sign in to read everything.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Well, I joined, I clicked, and the interview appears for 1 second, and disappears. Add me to the list of nontechies like Ellen. :roll:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah, somehow there I am, I have NO clue how exactly I got there, but there I be, I continuously screw up backwards...cest la vie I guess, but I can't re-read it again, and my name and picture are there...I don't get it...I didn't even write anything :shock: (although many words scroll through my straw-filled brain consistantly). I think I may have spewed enough about Kendra though, and if Jason reads through the boards, then he's perfectly aware of my stance on how hollywood treats nurses (or how they're represented), and how versed affects some people and not ALL people the same (course, everyone probably read my shtus too). Be well, ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:25 pm

A new behind the scenes video with Jason Isaacs (and partly about him too).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oataehs4qjU

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:39 pm

ok, episode 8 (final) is up, but Jason is in the 'making of' and it's more of the same, but with Jason :D It's kind of an "alls well that ends well" ending, which suprised me, Sidney Portier has acted better in other parts, but I haven't seen him in a LONG time, so it was pretty great seeing him on screen again. Somehow it got all wrapped up with a nice red bow on top. Enjoy! Ellen

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

For all those that enjoyed Blue, Season 2 episodes 1-7 are up and great, I continue to expect great things out of chapters 8-whatever that start on Friday, March 22. There are 27 episodes to conclude the Blue story. Sure hope they continue the Macy/Jeff saga a bit longer, they left that bit a cliffhanger between them, and only spoke about their relationship between Kendra and Macy. Maybe Jon A. will write a couple of episodes with just Jeff and Macy, lets hope for more Jason on WIGS! I'd love to have some closure on their relationship. e

What seemed disconcerning to me was that I read that FOX had bought WIGS. I read 1 line on FB, but nothing else, people seemed angry by this per their comments. It would indeed be upsetting if a major network took over such an independent show (unless there were specific signed agreements that obviously not made public). Tincture of time; we'll see what we shall see...

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”