Friends with Money: Rex Reed: "marvelous Jason Isaacs&q

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie, LadyLucius

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Friends with Money: Rex Reed: "marvelous Jason Isaacs&q

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:32 pm

..."Despite ghastly, mewling songs by Rickie Lee Jones, the tales of three married couples and one hopelessly single friend (surprisingly well played by Jennifer Aniston) are intertwined with logic and realism instead of bad music, sight gags and one-liners. Christine and David (Catherine Keener and the marvelous Jason Isaacs) are married screenwriters collaborating on a script about a couple whose marriage is falling apart. Reading their roles aloud to each other from their computers, life imitates art before they can dismantle their hard drives."

http://www.observer.com/20060417/200604 ... reed-2.asp
Last edited by Hilary the Touched on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:27 pm

This same guy also wrote a glowing review for Jason in Passionada.

He's in love with our guy! :D

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:40 pm

I have always had a fondness for Rex Reed.....now I am even more so...what a gem!! :D

Yes we know how "Marvelous" Jason is...so great to hear that...smart man!! :D

Love,
Kate4

Minuet

Post by Minuet » Mon May 29, 2006 6:51 pm

Ahhh...Rex has a crush. :D Nice to see him recognize what a talent Jason is.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue May 30, 2006 7:12 am

I've always hated the guy (grumble ... grumble...) Now I have to change my opinion of him!!

Wildevine

Post by Wildevine » Tue May 30, 2006 10:49 am

He's in love with our guy!

Can't blame him. Our guy could make anyone bendable.
Janet.

snape

...and his eyes!!!!!

Post by snape » Wed May 31, 2006 5:47 am

Looking back and remembering that our marvelous Jason played gays aswell, who wonders that also men fall in love with him....

I'm looking forward to see him in the following movies... sigh.... and in the meantime I watch the older ones, which I don't know yet.... sigh again....

Yours, Snape

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed May 31, 2006 11:11 am

I don't think you've got to be gay to find Jason Isaacs appealing--some people are just irresistible.
Charlize Theron, for example--I would describe myself as pretty heterosexual but I think Charlize is undeniably delicious.

Susan Sarandon said something faintly similar about Catherine Deneuve, with whom she shared a love scene in The Hunger--Sarandon's character was originally supposed to succumb to Deneuve after being drugged, but Sarandon protested, "Gay or straight, nobody needs drugs to be smitten by Catherine Deneuve!!"

Ah, the 80s....

Wildevine

Post by Wildevine » Wed May 31, 2006 11:44 am

I agree, Hilary. I am undeniably straight but can see the appeal in certain women. There is a party game that some crazy girl I knew used to make everyone play after a few drinks. It was this: both men and women, gay and straight had to honestly state who they would sleep with out of both the sexes. It's funny but the women had no trouble with this. The straight men were really hard to get to say what man they would be with. It was like just uttering it made it so. I picked Kim Cattral. And Sean Bean. That was before I had Jason in my sights. It was a keen way to really get to know the other people in the room. Not just by wether they would play but by who they picked.
Janet.

Minuet

Post by Minuet » Wed May 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Charlize Theron, for example--I would describe myself as pretty heterosexual but I think Charlize is undeniably delicious.
Salma Hayek's the one that does that for me. She's simply stunning. :adore