The Tall Guy

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Malfoy Grandma

The Tall Guy

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:53 am

:bat Well, here I am blind as an old bat! I am trying to buy all of the dvds/films with his royal highness on them and ordered "The Tall Guy" because it was said to be the first Hollywood film in which JI appeared. So I bought same. It was such a funny movie, and I enjoyed it tremendously, partly because one of my pro theatre jobs was at the U of S.Carolina back in healthy days, designing and building the stage set for "Elephant Man", a very absorbing and difficult chore! That musical version "Elephants" was just hilarious and wonderful! But I could not find Jason! I must have been too distracted by the silliness. I thought I saw those EYES behind a surgeon's mask in one scene, but who knows? Does anyone know? HELP!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:19 pm

MG, I expect to see the musical version of Elephant Man premiere any day now.

Your eyes did not deceive you--you spotted JI's! They appear only for an instant in the concluding scene, above a surgical mask. (rotten trick!)
There is speculation that his appearance in Paul W.S. Anderson's Resident Evil is a deliberate reference to that shot. (I think Char's got stills of both on her site.)

Malfoy Grandma

Magic Eyes!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:23 pm

:D Thanks for your corroboration of my bleak failure to positively identify the one we all seek! Will check for those caps on Char's site. Thanks again.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Saw the movie this afternoon. I guess it was supposed to be a comedy and there were some funny moments but by and large it was pathetic.
I'm glad Jasons face was covered or else that might have been the end of his career before it even started.
Ok, it was his first film Not a bad start for him. At least he had some lines.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Rent, don't buy. His scene is seconds long.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:59 pm

I ended up buying off a sale table real cheap. His name wasn't even in the cast list. Oh well, it was his first movie so it's priceless. Almost.

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 am

I happened to buy "The Tall Guy" at the Vancouver Airport last year for $7! Thank goodness! I didn't realize how little Jason's part was! Not only that I could only see his eyes! I had to laugh because I was so excited to get another "Jason" movie and had to wait two weeks before I could watch it! I didn't realize how old the movie was! Oh well, it wasn't the greatest movie and it wasn't the worst!

I'm still contemplating about "Elektra" for $5! At least I can see his face and his scene's a few minutes long!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:17 am

I'd pay 7 bucks to see those eyes! The 5 bucks for Elektra, dollar per minute, is a real steal by comparison. Enjoy!

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”