JI in Blackhawk Down

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:32 pm

A good movie but, like Marie said, difficult to watch.
Not my cup of tea as I'm not into war movies (except for...the Patriot, of course!) but I still wanted to watch it.... because of Jason.

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:01 pm

I agree with you on that, AT. I can't seem to watch it in it's entirety. I did once, and ended up in tears.
All that they went through, it's amazing the bravery they faced and one has to wonder if anyone suffered any lasting trauma from all that. Shell shock, I think it's called.
~M'L(C) :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:40 pm

I watched the entire movie once and don't intend to watch it again.
Okay, maybe the JI scenes because he's really amazing as capt Steele, his accent in that movie is just too good!!

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:23 pm

I've watched it once and will try it again. Like some of you the violence got to me but maybe on the second watching it won't seem as bad.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:51 pm

This would be one of my favourite movies of all time. Of course its a sensitive issue, but an important one. The whole issue of the US involvement into Somalia is one that interests me, and whether it was right or wrong is irrelivent in this movie. The bravery of those men never ceases to amaze me. I believe we need to be shook out of our comfort zone at times...we need to see this.

Even though its a very serious movie it of course can be watched as entertainment. With its action, tonnes of attractive soldiers, great music score whats not to love. Of course with the 'thing' I have for Helicopter pilots, its always a good watch!!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:57 am

Kirsty, your avatar shows you have great taste! :cool:

BHD is indeed a very difficult movie to watch, but necessary.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Kirsty, your avatar shows you have great taste
Why thank you :cool:
"You Deltas are a bunch of undisciplined cowboys. Let me tell you something, Sarg'nt.....when we get to the 5-yard line, you're gonna need my Rangers, so y'all better learn to be team players......we're done here
lol, love that line!!

I love it when the Ranger Dominic Pilla is taking the mick out of him, and Steele just saunters up behind him.... priceless

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:46 pm

I don't really like war movies, but I enjoyed this one, a lot more then I have while watching other movies like this one :oops:

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Wolfie wrote:I don't really like war movies, but I enjoyed this one, a lot more then I have while watching other movies like this one :oops:
Me, too... Black Hawk Down was the first War Movie I watched ever in my Life, and I would not if Jason was not in it... But I thnk one time is enough to watch it...

Sandman

Post by Sandman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:26 pm

It has been ages. But I watched the movie tonight. Damn, it is stillas good as it was when I first saw it in the movies.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 am

I watch it every 2 years or so. (That's about all I can handle.) Think it's time again.

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”