Lennie James In Jason films

This BBC/BBC America miniseries, filmed in Toronto, was broadcast on 2 November 2006 on BBC1 in the UK, and in the US in February 2007.

Moderators: fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

malfoygrandma

Lennie James In Jason films

Post by malfoygrandma » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:15 am

:shock: I am a slow learner sometimes! And hate to admit it. But I just realized that the excellent black actor, Lennie James, playing the mercenary british soldier being executed unfairly in Florida in The State Within, and who then showed up as one of the leading players in American TV's Jericho series, was also one of Frank Dillon's lads in CIVVIES. In Civvies, it is to be noted that he also sang the fine recording which plays during the beginning of each of the six episodes. And the other night on Craig Ferguson's show, a black actor from britain who had just played Othello in the London Shakespeare Theatre, said that Lennie James played a marvelously evil Iago!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 am

He's a fantastic (though somewhat underrated) actor and very versatile. I had no idea about the singing though.

Thanks for sharing, MG.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:16 pm

I've seen maybe half of the Jericho series (after all the hullabaloo of getting a second season), and I was so impressed with how well he played a questionable character, keeping us guessing about his real agenda. And, as with most Brit actors, how good his American accent was.

Return to “The State Within”