Good DVD

Good had its official UK premiere on 17 April, 2009; it is widely available on DVD and Blu-ray

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie, LadyLucius, kate, again

NCGirl

Good DVD

Post by NCGirl » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:50 pm

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch this movie because of the subject matter. However after reading the comments here ~ I just ordered Good on Amazon. Hope to get it sometime next week.

~cadie

NCGirl

Re: Good DVD

Post by NCGirl » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 pm

I watched Good a few days ago. I'm glad this film was made ~ very well done. I liked it. Two thumbs up.

Ah Jason - he can even make the "f" word sound endearing.. :shock: :mrgreen: (me bad).

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Ah, the time I watched that movie I was desperately searching for tissues by the end. I don't know why I was surprised - I mean- the ending was inevitable, but still-- definitely a 5 tissue tear jerker (almost as bad - and I mean in tissue requirements, not in quality- as the Boy in the Striped Pajamas- which was a 6-8 tissue tear jerker). And I knew that blonde witch was bad news right from the beginning! Grrr...

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:53 pm

I saw Good for the first time, on the big screen, at the Chicago International Film Festival Oct 2008 both Jason and Viggo were there. Jason Presented Viggo with a Life Time Achievment Award....Kate and I discussed the film for hours afterwards..Jason makes smoking look sexy :finger: I enjoyed his character Maurice

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:32 am

Lucky Duck. I bet that was a very different kind of movie experience- knowing that the actors were right there in the audience (regardless if if the actors included JI and VM), waiting to see the reations. I suppose they are used to that sort of interaction, but us - perhaps not so much.