An article about Scars, and Jason's thoughts on the film

This short 'recreation-documentary' was shown on the UK's Channel 4 in July 2006.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, kate, again

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:56 am

Rose...don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong. Keep posting!

~me

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:18 am

Haha Rose :) Stop saying sorry for such things. Thunder and I are just wallowing in self-pity ^^ And it's not so dramatically. Not for me. I'll survive it. Not everything we post here is so serious^^

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:19 am

Rose-Don't give it a second thought.

We always get off track. We don't mean to but we do. Its what makes life interesting.

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:17 am

Sorry for the late entry...... I cant even bring myself to watch it. Some things are just abit too close to home, though I am sure that it was an excellent production.

Rose x

This may have been asked already so apologies if I missed the thread. My friend has recommended that I see this after all and I wondered if anyone knows where I could purchase a copy of the DVD.

Thanks
Roseanna

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:39 pm

RoseannaLara wrote:
This may have been asked already so apologies if I missed the thread. My friend has recommended that I see this after all and I wondered if anyone knows where I could purchase a copy of the DVD.

Thanks
Roseanna

Waiting with bated breath for the answer, too ...

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:12 pm

...apparently this documentary wasn't released on DVD.

:?:

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 pm

I wish they would release it on DVD. It sounds interesting.

SaraR

Re: An article about Scars, and Jason's thoughts on the film

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:03 am

This sounds like an extremely compelling production. I hope sometime that I am able to watch it, though I know it would definitely be one to watch alone, without distraction, just to get the real feel of it.

Judging just from the commentary in this thread, it would most likely make me cry, and I would not 'like' it, but not every movie out there is for pleasure.

SeattleMel

Scars film clip online

Post by SeattleMel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 am

Like many late arrival fans, I haven't been able to put my hands on the film Scars. There is a DVD copy on file in one UK college library that I could point a sympathetic Brit at, if they felt inclined to make a copy for someone they don't know halfway across the world.

No? Okay well, until that day comes, I ran across this clip. It is about 6 minutes of his performance as Chris. http://www.anothertongue.com/videos/scarsweb.flv Better than nothing!

It's from the site http://www.anothertongue.com/artist/jason-isaacs where there are other voice work examples for commericals, etc.

Wonder if they'd quote me a price for a 30 second voice mail message or maybe something more along the lines of HAL 9000 who greets me when I walk in the door. ::rofl

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Wow. Thanks, SeattleMel.
Gah! I knew it was going to be good, and that just proves it. Now they just need to release that silly DVD for us. How frustrating! Gah!

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:32 pm

For those who have not seen Scars - I might be able to make you a DVD from a hard disk recording I have of Scars.

Scars is totally unlike anything Jason has ever done before. He's played villains, but none of them were real. This guy is real, and is one of the scariest individuals I have ever seen. It's hard to remember that it's Jason, and not a real criminal. But even so, fleetingly he reveals his vulnerability. He was a victim of violence himself when younger, and that partly explains the way he turned out (though of course it is not an excuse for the extreme violence he was responsible for). Don't watch it if you are a delicate flower, and easily offended by bad language, because just about every other word starts with C.

Genevieve O'Reilly plays Chris's wife (she was also with Jason in The State Within).

If you are interested, please PM me, and I will see what I can do.

Edited to add:
Ladies I am so sorry to get your hopes up, but I have been let down by technology. I have a hard disk recorder that is also supposed to copy the recording to DVD. However, the DVD burner seems to have given up the ghost, and checking online it seems it’s a common problem with that model, and no solution was offered that I could see. If I ever find a way to make the copies, I will post again to that effect. I have PMed those people who contacted me directly.
Last edited by servalan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:07 am

It's kinda I don't know the word, but whatever Jason's character, and I DO mean WHATEVER, he acts the same around kids. The man is great with kids...and thanks SeattleMel for finding these 6 minutes of treasure. LN

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi,
I just wanna ask if someone have any idea, where to see, or to get this movie? Was there any update in this subject?
I was looking for it everywhere (ebay, amazon, other pages about JI movies), but didn't find anything more, than this 6 minutes...
I will be eternaly grateful for some info, how to get a copy of it.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:39 am

One link to this TV movie has been posted, and I recently became aware of another (still available, as of February, 2022).

I haven’t posted my link yet, because I want to be sure it’s OK with the Mods.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:10 am

Hot Wheels wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:39 am
One link to this TV movie has been posted, and I recently became aware of another (still available, as of February, 2022).

I haven’t posted my link yet, because I want to be sure it’s OK with the Mods.
We have the link posted in this topic, Hot Wheels. (To watch on Vimeo)
https://jasonisaacsonline.com/phpBB/vie ... =16&t=5233

Return to “Scars”