All Reviews here

A fencing Jason Isaacs--in tights, no less!! Sorry--a historical drama concerning machinations and maneuverings in the court of Spain's Philip II, erstwhile husband to England's Queen Mary Tudor and dispatcher of the ill-fated Armada. Velvet and ruffed collars. Unfortunately, it appeared only sporadically in theatres, and is tough to find even on DVD.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:21 pm

Can't wait for your review, Hatsuan.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:25 am

Me too Hatsuan.
Diviertete! Have fun!
Y no te desmayes cuando lo veas en la pantalla grande!
Translation: And don't pass out when you see him in the big screen!

Hatsuan

Post by Hatsuan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Oh, My God!! Jason is fantastic in this film!!!!!!
My review.... is long enough, but I need to vent anger
Several critics qualify it of evil done, of that the script was not supported and all that, but we are we that we become exhausted the money, it is our opinion the one that counts, and that to say... Jason in this movie is of the best! He is the villain to any more not being able!!!! And equal Julia Ormond, is fantastic!! There is a scene, which I like and I did not stop laughing.
In the whole movie I was laughing, except in 2 or 3 scenes on that already I will comment. Though my I have not liked to him any actors, I don't know, they were lacking something, not if it is for the script or that, but from my point of view, and that of my friend, JI has eaten up them there are almost they all. Juanjo Puigcorbé, which he was playing the role of Philip II, he was lacking something, not, when there were scenes with Antonio Perez (is Jason says) was our Englishman who was eating up the scenes.
It is that alone with his look already he was exceeding. He was not stopping acting not though only one saw the head of fund... I don't say that others were acting badly, in fact I have liked them , but I believe that if they had worked more his role, to know it or something.... Jüergen Prochnow, (Espinoza), has acted in such a way that >_< I have liked him, he was putting such a feeling in some scenes that I has put the hair of top. The Spanish woman Blanca Jara, who is the daughter of the director, is excellent. She is so simple that she is perfect, in spite of the fact that, he doesn't have a lot of experience.
The image is fantastic, the sets to the being rea were excellent!... when I have seen the streets of Toledo, and to think that I passed there, I will return again and will kiss the place in which there was Jason XD
I cleared off, sorry XD Later on already I will give my opinion of the scenes

Sorry for the mistakes, I have needed the translator...

Sea Lion Woman, he soltado un grito cuando he visto a Jason y su nombre....había poca gente, pero todos se me han quedado mirando...
Translation: I have given up a shout when I have seen to Jason and his name .... there were few people, but they all me have remained looking

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Oh, My God!! Jason is fantastic in this film!!!!!!
It doesn't surprise me, he's always great in everything he does!

Thanks for your review, hatsuan!

~me

Hatsuan

Post by Hatsuan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Yes, yes, it is true. But I want to say, that he is fantastic because he overcomes the others with many points ^^

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:06 pm

I'm so glad you like it, Hatsuan and thanks for the review.

DO you feel that the Spanish dubbing was bad? Maybe when it's released it English, it will be better? (If the Spanish actors can speak decent English, that is..)

I know it wasn't Jason's voice in Spanish. He could have done it though.

Another film that Jason is the best thing in it...

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Hatsuan, LOL!!! Me lo imagino! Lo mismo me paso cuando fue a ver Harry Potter y la Orden del Fenix. Cuando salio Lucius di un grito, que todo el mundo me miro..y lo peor era que el cine estaba lleno. :D
Translation: I can imagine! Same thing happened to me when I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. When Lucius came out, I squealed and everybody started looking at me. The worst thing was...it was crowded!

Thanks for the great review Hatsuan. I want to see this movie so bad!
Arrghh!!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... id=13&cs=1

"Spanish-Italian co production "El Escorial Conspiracy" earned 1
million".....

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 pm

It's hard to know if $1M is good or not. :scratch

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:28 pm

from the European Market, it is difficult to tell....

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:31 pm

That's what I mean. The Argentine movie took in a "non-spectacular" $2.5M. That's 2½ times better than Good. So, quien sabe?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:31 pm

Hatsuan, thanks for sharing your reaction with us!
I have the feeling that Jurgen Prochnow is perhaps the actor with the most international experience in this cast, so maybe the English was easier for him to tackle than some of the others? I'm glad you enjoyed it, and glad that you found JI terrific!!

Hatsuan

Post by Hatsuan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Char
Normally the Spanish dubbing is very good, and my I liked, though the voice that they put to two or three not, since there were no feelings, but the voice of the dubber of Jason was perfect (and before that the voice, I concentrated on other things ^^ ')

Sea Lion Woman
In the movie of the Order of the Phoenix almost they throw add me of the room when I gave up " What gallants you are " (To Jason, Alan Rickman, Gary and David) jijiji are habitual things in my

Return to “La Conjura de El Escorial (aka The El Escorial Conspiracy)”