I'M SORRY!!! I DIDN'T LIKE IT!!!

A forum for discussion of this Paul Greengrass-directed project, also starring Matt Damon and Sean Huze

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Heather

I'M SORRY!!! I DIDN'T LIKE IT!!!

Post by Heather » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 am

I didn't buy the DVD because it just didn't seem like my kind of movie [plus someone had mentioned Jason wasn't in it that much] but it was on Sky Movies last night so I tried watching it, glad I didn't buy the DVD I thought it was awful! For a start it is such a Boy Movie, can't stand all that gunfire it gives me a headache, Matt Damon was in it, Can't stand him, then all that WMD talk just reminded me of Team America and I kept on thinking it was just like that, all wooden but with less laughs and Matt Damon was in that too! The only good bit that I would have watched several times was Jason punching Matt Damon in the face, I found that strangely satisfying. :bitch

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Re: I'M SORRY!!! I DIDN'T LIKE IT!!!

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:22 am

Oh dear, Heather, that did make me laugh.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it--horses for courses, as DH says. Several other members had trouble with its noisiness, the herky-jerky camera work, or the darkness of several scenes. I confess that I was a little disappointed by the plot--I thought the Big Revelation was too little, too late. WOT? NO WMDs? ORLY?? :-|
I had also (like grannybear?) read the book, which led me to expect a hugely different project--I understand that it wasn't exactly action-movie material!, but it was a fascinating exploration of the wildly incongruous frat-boy cadre "running" the war from captured palaces and what was taking place outside the walls. I enjoyed Green Zone for what it was, but it ain't my new fave.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:53 pm

The movie in no way resembles the book. They made the movie into a shoot-um-up piece. If they went more into the book on which they say the movie was inspired by it would have been a completely different movie.
Enjoyed the bit Jason was in but that was about all. It could have been a great movie but turned out to be just run-of-the-mill.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:22 pm

I liked this movie, not of my cup of tea but I enjoyed it. I don't know if I'll add the dvd to my collection- maybe I will but I'm not in a hurry to buy it now.

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:58 pm

That's how I felt about Black Hawk Down. My dad rented it or it was on cable, and he and my sister were watching it, and it was so LOUD and violent and it was just at a really bad time for me, so I didn't watch it. It wasn't a matter of who was in it or not, but that stuff is just so oversaturated in the media and whatnot that it makes it very hard for me to watch movies like that without getting very sad and, well, that's not why I watch movies.

I have a good friend who loved Green Zone, so I'm going to give it a chance, but that is yet to be seen. Matt Damon isn't really on my punch out list, but that would still make me giggle. :mrgreen:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:21 pm

I didn't like Black Hawk Down, too violent for my taste and tiring to watch. To be honest, I've only seen it once.

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Honestly, from the pics of Jason I've seen, he looks way too much like Jim Cantore from the weather channel, so I'd seriously be sitting there waiting for him to give the local storm forecast or something... Too much for one brain to handle ::rofl

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:01 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! LMAO @ your comment!!!
(just had to google to find a pic of Jim Cantore) ::rofl

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Hahaha yeah. Around here, we think of it like this, if Jim Cantore shows up with a Weather Channel truck and camera crew, it means you better evacuate the area. ::rofl ::rofl

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:44 am

Not a big fan of Black Hawk Down either, when I watched it I thought there was something wrong with my TV, it was so dark!

By the way! The Matt Damon thing? I have kinda figured out what it is I don't like about him, he is not believable, if you know what I mean, he may as well turn around and look directly at the camera and say "Hello I'm Matt Damon, I'm an actor" he just acts he doesn't own any of the parts he plays. Sorry if any of you are fans.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:06 am

Ugh no, I'm not a fan of Matt Damon LOL! I just don't like Matt Damon for some reason, but could tolerate him in this film.
I would never have paid to see "Green Zone" if it wasn't for Jason. My expectations on this movie were low but it was better than I thought it would be.

~me

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 am

Ok, I have to nap this thread just to say the more I see Matt Damon, the more I like him. He was very funny in The Informant

Also, the Jimmy Kimmel videos with Matt, Ben Affleck and Sarah Silverman are hilarious, (but slightly rude so I won't link to them).

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 pm

I admit I like him in "The Talented Mr.Ripley".

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:42 pm

I'd be thrilled if Matt Damon did more comedy. He can be hilariously funny and I loved the Jimmy Kimmel and Sarah Silverman stuff too.

Some people really bug me when they do so many serious roles and seem to have a god given talent for being funny. Reality really is serious enough.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 pm

He was very funny in The Informant
The other night I was flipping through channels when I came across this movie. I ended up not watching it (stupid me!)

~me

Return to “Green Zone”