Skeletons on Meg Wood's top ten of 2010 list

This independent British production concerns the adventures of a pair who provide mysterious services to couples contemplating marriage. It was a festival favourite in 2010 and is available on DVD.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Re: Skeletons on Meg Wood's top ten of 2010 list

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:29 am

. . . or take a step outside your home :shock: :roll:

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Woo, my copy came in the post yesterday and I watched it last night.

I have to say, this is the most imaginative film I've seen in quite a while. I love the paranormal vibe, the running commentary, and all the characters were wonderful!!! :mrgreen: There is really so much awesome about this movie, it reminds me a lot of a comedy in the same area as Ghostbusters, though with a lower tech approach, but it's just so perfect. :-) It was so well-written and completely believable, and I'm really happy I actually purchased it instead of waiting for it to be available for rental here.

Jason was absolutely hilarious, his character must have been a lot of fun to play :mrgreen: I wonder if anyone has done a tally on how many movies he puts on fake scars for :lol :lol

The deleted scenes were great as well. I wish they had more of a making of featurette, but you can't get everything. I do wish there was an extended version with the deleted bits included, there was a lot of Monty Pythonesque humor in there that made me giggle like I was back in junior high. Plus, any movie that opens with a discussion about Rasputin and the Romanovs and closes with a discussion about Freddie Mercury's mustache is just a total freakin win :mrgreen:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for your review Sara. It's an unusual movie, isn't it?

And Jason's huge mustache steals every scene it’s in. LOL!

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Hahah well, sometimes unusual makes it work. :-)
I love weirdity and goofy characters, and things like that just make me go YES. Hahaha.

And yes, I wonder if that particular incarnation of facial hair has gotten its own agent yet. Maybe it can star in a variety show with Jason's Green Zone and Civvies staches... :mrgreen:

Return to “Skeletons”