Wandering in Walmart today....

Jason Isaacs is slated (mystifyingly) to portray Taylor Lautner's father in this suspense thriller.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Wandering in Walmart today....

Post by Marie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Saw this on the DVD rack and figure I'll pick it up and finally watch it. Not very enthused about it but hey ...not much on TV now that Awake is gone! :-(

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Wandering in Walmart today....

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:10 pm

No doubt it was heavily discounted.

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm sure I paid more than I should have - it was $14.95 - less than Amazon was selling it for. Impulse purchase. I hate that place - I went in to buy a turkey baster and went out with $80 worth of stuff.............. My fault because I was trying to kill 30 minutes between a Dentist apt. and a Doctor's apt. So it was a bit of retail therapy... ;-) Only store near the freeway entrance or I would have gone somewhere else.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 am

I think Jason Isaacs would be the only thing that might tempt me into Voldemart. :-|
Hope you found a turkey baster, Marie!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am

Getting a jump on the Thanksgiving season, Marie?

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:52 am

LOL - me cook? No it is for the fish tank - the quarenteen tank to be more specific. It is an easy way to clean up stuff on the bottom of the tank. They make things to clean gravel but they don't work on just glass so turkey baster works just great. My old one was over 20 years old and started falling apart. :huh

So had to get one for the tank and since husband was using old one - had to get one to replace that too - did not feel good about using something I was sucking up fish poop with to baste a turkey (hey a miracle might happen - I might cook a turkey this year!)

After picking up the basters I just wandered around the store and I thought - lets see what is out on DVD. Abduction was saying "I got your 5 minutes of Jason here!" So I had to buy it! (And suntan lotion and pyrex bowls and mouthwash and a hat for San Diego and ..............................)

Tigerhawk13

Post by Tigerhawk13 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Abduction just arrived yesterday in my my mailbox courtesy of Netflix. Glad it will only take 5 minutes to see what I want to see in the movie, I have a lot to do this week.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:05 pm

and a hat for San Diego and ..............................)

:wheee

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:57 pm

So, just out of sheer curiosity, exactly HOW large is this aquarium that it takes a turkey baster to clean? This is one of the funnier things I've heard today (maybe it was a slow day..?) Around my parts, people hire other people to clean their aquariums (like swimming pools). I don't know, we have 1 gold fish (for 5 years, a record in our house; it's always iffy when my son goes away to camp, he'll kill me if it dies when he's away!), it swims in a bowl with water. Thats it, nothing fancy like gravel to clean, just water to be changed once/week-it's enough extra for me to remember to do. And the dog, she has to be walked, watered and fed (and the husband too, but he walks himself thankfully...) LN

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:47 am

Love your avatar, Tigerhawk. :cool:

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:38 am

Two tanks actually In. The tank where we put new fish and coral to make sure they have no parasites or diseases - is 30 gals and the show tank is 150 gals. OK I'll admit - I like to look at it but - it is a pain in the neck to keep up. Another of my husband's expensive hobbies. But no - he wants to do the aquarium himself. Does not trust anyone to make sure the water is perfect.

I went to put Abduction in with the row of Jason DVDs and darn if it is almost out of room!!!! The boy has definately done a lot of movies and TV available on DVD. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:50 am

Well Marie, in THAT way I've been blessed. I have my grandmother's armoire, it has like 6 shelves, more than adequate for Jason's (as well as his "playmate's' movies-region 1). The region 2s have been relegated to my office shelving, b/c they will only play on the computer. And those aquariums are TOO big for turkey basters...I'd rather cook than spend time sucking out gunk from the bottom of a fish tank, yuch! Lots of fun and luck with THAT chore! LN

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Hey - cleaning the fish tank is hubby's job - I'm only doing it this week because he is out digging up dinosaur bones in Wyoming. The baster is only for the small tank - there is a large vacummy thingy for the big tank! Hate all the feeding and cleaning - but at least I get to watch some of my Jason DVDs (including Abduction - finally) without DH rolling his eyes!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:02 pm

hm, I haven't bought the DVD yet, I'm a bad fan...

~me

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Aw Angel, you are a GREAT fan; if Jason had as big a part as Lautner Taylor, we ALL would have bought the movie, but he was in it for like 7 minutes, although the fight scene was GREAT. I think most of us have his work when he shoulders top billing. So there, there, you ARE a great fan, not to worry! LN :hands

Return to “Abduction”