Case Histories airing on BBC?

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

belladisordine

Case Histories airing on BBC?

Post by belladisordine » Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Twitter has been a buzz the last few hours with people claiming to be watching Case Histories and saying "Hello to Jason Isaacs". Anyone know how accurate this is?

inamac

Re: Case Histories airing on BBC?

Post by inamac » Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm

It looks as though we have a possible air date for Case Histories:

http://mcainshconsultingnews.blogspot.c ... oming.html

I have no idea how reliable this is but it looks as if the BBC will be stripping the series across the week at the end of June.

Notes date in diary.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:54 pm

If that info is accurate, then the Fall schedule we originally heard about has been moved up to early Summer . . . which must mean that the eps. have turned out so good that they can't wait to get them on air. Yay, TEAM!!!! :woot

Now, those of us stateside might just see them sooner, too, on BBC America. Double :woot

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri May 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Great news :woot

I don't complain about everything premiering in September, but I like it better when it's been spread out :D

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Fri May 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Yay for it premiering this summer, but boo for the twitter reports being inaccurate. Its hard not to get a wee bit excited when you're reading things like "Watching the TV version of one of my favourite novels of recent years - Kate Atkinson's Case Histories; it's great. (& HELLO Jason Isaacs!)" and "I love jackson Brodie and hello to Jason isaacs from me too x great choice in casting x"

On another note, it seems even twitter wants REM picked up with people tweeting things such as "REM has Jason Isaacs and Cherry Jones? Pick this up now, NBC."

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:13 pm

I do believe the person who tweeted about watching Case Histories, is the gentlemen who fills in for Kermode on
his Radio 5 Wittertainment....I guess it would be like getting a chance to go to a movie screening....his name
is Boyd Hilton...TV and reviews, Heat Magazine

someone else tweeted they saw him in a Thai restaurant in London...who knows...take it for
what it's worth...

People always say "Hello to Jason Isaacs" because of the Wittertainment on Fridays (which was actually on yesterday this week) LOL
You can listen to the weekly podcast, Jason does ;-) he went to school with Mark Kermode and they are friends...
Hello to Jason Isaacs was begun by Kermode on his weekly radio programme

If you can read through the BS, Twitter has been the best place for news

there is also a singer from the UK named Jason Isaacs, some of the tweets are about him

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm

How nice. Seeing Jason as he really looks and a large part so he can enjoy him for several hours.

That's heaven

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Sat May 07, 2011 3:05 am

Thanks for posting that about the possible dates, inamac. :yip . I figured after that trailer they wouldn't be airing too late. TV seems to be turned out pretty sharpish these days. Tonight's episode of Doctor Who was filmed down the road from me only in late February.

LOVE listening when Mark Kermode and Jason get together - they have that wonderful boyhood ease in their dynamic combined with great insight and intelligence which just brings a huge smile to my face. Bet they were both real trailblazers at Habs. But then, Habs does tend to produce people like that - it's one of the best schools in the country.

inamac

Post by inamac » Sat May 07, 2011 1:59 pm

belladisordine wrote:Yay for it premiering this summer, but boo for the twitter reports being inaccurate. Its hard not to get a wee bit excited when you're reading things like "Watching the TV version of one of my favourite novels of recent years - Kate Atkinson's Case Histories; it's great. (& HELLO Jason Isaacs!)" and "I love Jackson Brodie and hello to Jason Isaacs from me too x great choice in casting x"
I expect the twitterers were referring to the BBC trailer for the forthcoming drama season - I have been known to mutter "and hello to Jason Isaacs" when it airs between programmes out of habit (call me Pavlov).

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat May 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Fingers crossed BBCAmerica airs it. It'll be fun watching Jason on television again. :wheee

~ML :hit :under :woot

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat May 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Looking forward to it. I've watched the preview so many times I can see it in my sleep. Now for the real thing.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat May 07, 2011 7:22 pm

I am certain the actual airing date will receive far better publicity than the random tweet! Some kind soul out there will spy a snazzy snap on the cover of the Radio Times or summat! (Hey, has Empire mentioned anything? They :adore JI too)

inamac

Post by inamac » Sun May 08, 2011 2:33 am

The BBC don't usually advertise airdates of upcoming programmes until about two or three weeks in advance (the Radio Times site runs two weeks ahead). There has been remarkably little from the BBC press office about Case Histories (or, indeed, anything due for Summer broadcast).

However the Radio Times' regular preview columnist, Alison Graham, is an avid Jason fan and I suspect that she will mention (squee) over it as soon as she's given the opportunity (there was a mention in her article on TV detectives in this week's issue: "Jason Isaacs will soon appear as one of my favourites, author Kate Atkinson's attractive and winning Jackson Brodie, in Case Histories. But that is just one story. We need a TV detective who is here to stay.").

And I am hoping that, if Jason is in the country, and as he's so very good about doing publicity for his work, we'll get a few sofa appearances on daytime TV (I expect the Loose Ladies will extend an invite).

Sits with VCR button poised.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:29 am

Any of you'll UK ladies who has a DVD recorder and can share a copy with us at the LOST GIRLS will be much appreciated. :mrgreen:

TheoWIRE

Post by TheoWIRE » Thu May 12, 2011 1:05 am

It's true

BBC is very excited about the show. First clip appears in its drama trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MomH7N_cGgE

Show runs across 3 weeks in June (19 and 20, 26 and 27 June and 3 and 4 July)

First image will be out there very soon. Keep checking online...

Jason says - “He’s a very interesting character. The most extraordinary people cross his path looking for help and although he should say no, he can't help help himself. It's impossible for him almost not to help people out."

The producers of the show have said that it's not at all procedural. It's very different from other BBC detective series. It's all about the characters., folks. And what amazing cast to help us enter Jackson's universe - Amanda Abbington, Phil Davis, Kirsty Mitchell, Zawe Ashton, Natasha Little, Keith Allen...

Return to “Case Histories”