Official Message Board?

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

inamac

Re: Official Message Board?

Post by inamac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 am

Chari910 wrote:Does BBC have a special MB for Case Histories? If not, it's a shame..so many people excited about it. It would have been BUZZING.
The BBC axed most of its message boards on the basis that it's not the BBC's job to provide forums for debate (?)

There's a thread on the 'Points of View' board : http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview ... ad=8227700 which is very positive (especially so for the POV board which is notorious for being hyper-critical).

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:46 am

inamac wrote:
Chari910 wrote:Does BBC have a special MB for Case Histories? If not, it's a shame..so many people excited about it. It would have been BUZZING.
The BBC axed most of its message boards on the basis that it's not the BBC's job to provide forums for debate (?)

There's a thread on the 'Points of View' board : http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview ... ad=8227700 which is very positive (especially so for the POV board which is notorious for being hyper-critical).
Thanks for the link to POV, inamac.

They are very encouraging comments, on the whole (only one or two exuberant detractors). I'm pleasantly ... surprised. I thought people would be harsher, to be honest. This is great stuff.

Sorry, but this made me laugh out loud - couldn't resist quoting it here -

'Didn't realise he was Lucius Malfoy. He's had his hair cut... But his wand still works, as the lady who wanted an appointment found out.'

:mrgreen:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Holy crap! The Forums Digital Spy comments section was brutal. The negatives greatly outnumbered the positives.

Had to laugh, though, at this comment:

Oh, quite. I was most amused when Julia said "There's something rather attractive about Mr Brodie." Er... it's Jason Issacs, love. There's your answer.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Sorry for the double post . . . but the BBC comments section had much more positive and insightful views than did Digital Spy, which must be frequented by people with major chips on their shoulders or they like to see their rude comments in print.

And as an Anglophile, I have to say, I love the Brits. This was the canned message on a comment that was deleted:

This posting has been hidden during moderation because it broke the House Rules in some way.

Geez. Here, we just say: "Comment deleted."

And then there was also this lovely:

Well said Nell - I can assure you that there are NO "mad cat ladies" in Edinburgh........
(What's that Tiddles? Does Mummy's little sugar sausage want a big bowl of Brekkies then?)

::rofl

Return to “Case Histories”