Second series confirmed!

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Second series confirmed!

Post by Chari910 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:40 am

KirstyLMitchell(Josie Brodie) stated so twitter. Hope we will see press confirmation shortly.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Second series confirmed!

Post by thunder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:57 am

That made my day :woot

Found this:
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/comm ... 02.article

BBC1 drama Case Histories is to return next year in a new feature-length format.
The two new films, based on the novels of Kate Atkinson, will be made by indie Ruby Films and have been commissioned by BBC1 controller Danny Cohen.
Jason Isaacs will reprise his role of police inspector turned private investigator Jackson Brodie.

Hope they are reliable :D

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:25 am

OH! Happy Day

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 am

Very Good News!!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:19 pm

fabulous news :woot thanx thunder :hug

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks!!!

MTA:
Thunder, I don't subscribe, but I took the liberty of cutting and pasting your quote from that link to the other board. I figure if people see that more episodes are planned, they'll be more likely to watch as it is a good sign that it is a good programme.

queen21

Post by queen21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Awesome!! :woot

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:55 pm

queen21- I simply love your avvie!

~me

queen21

Post by queen21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 pm

thanks ;-)

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 pm

fruitbat wrote:
Thunder, I don't subscribe, but I took the liberty of cutting and pasting your quote from that link to the other board. I figure if people see that more episodes are planned, they'll be more likely to watch as it is a good sign that it is a good programme.
No problem :D
I don't subscribe either,but I could read everything... they must have closed it afterwards. :scratch I don't have access now. It said that each "movie" would be 90 minutes. And the way I understood it, was that one of them would be based on Started Early, Took my Dog, and then the second would be a new story. (Not 100 % sure, but I think that was what I read.) They will have a new scriptwriter too, because the writers for the first season aren't available now. But I don't remember the name of the new scriptwriter... Sorry, goldfish memory... :oops:

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:42 am

Sorry, doublepost...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a34 ... c-one.html
Confirm the things I thought I remembered yesterday. :D
Two feature length movies, one of them based on "Started early, took my dog" (Good luck adapting that one, OMG...)

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:52 am

Ridiculously happy. :wheee

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:22 pm

YAAAY, I"m so excited to see Jackson again (and I LOVE that brown leather jacket, I'm kinda getting sick of the black all the time, he's looking pretty great in that specific jacket-the t-shirts, I'm very used to, but I've been watching a lot of BH-enough black already!). But ya know what Jason, unless it's in your contract that Jackson HAS to smoke, PLEASE don't. Really, PLEASE. Yes, I'm nagging. I have no other way to reach you. WE out here in the "boardroom" of your life want you be watching a healthy you for a LLLOOONNNNGGG time,and we love your voice, and the fags have an opposite effect, and you in particular inhale very deeply I've noticed-don't mess yourself up for a role! Hopefully Michael doesn't smoke, but this is 2 full length movies, and a lot of 2nd hand smoke to the girls, and I know you wouldn't dream of hurting a hair on either of their georgeous heads. I apologize if this is too personal, sometimes as a nurse, I dispense advise that seems obvious, but as a friend tells me constantly "you can't tell someone how NOT to be stupid" (NOT that I think YOU'RE stupid, just the habit)- she was advising me when I was having a small fit when I learned that all these Universities had intramural Quidditch teams, HONESTLY 19-24 year olds running around with broomsticks between their legs on a soccer/football field (NOPE NOT FLYING) with adult supervision, trying to recapture the "magic" OMG how dangerous is this game? Even played in the air, it's considered dangerous! Wow I digressed huge here, didn't I? oops, so sorry. Have a great evening all.....ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:35 am

I think the only smokes when his work requires it, and then he only smokes at work, I believe. Even if he may have fall backs in certain social settings (many ex smokers have that, don't know if he has, but it's possible), I can't really picture him coming home, light up and blow the smoke in his kid's faces. He's doesn't seem that stupid/egoistic to me. Just have some faith in him, Ellen. ;-) He's old enough to make his own decisions.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:53 am

If I recall an article from somewhere he was going to use the herbal cigs they supply for non smokers but
the crew begged him to use the real ones because the others smelled so bad.
Booooooo to them. You should never tempt former smokers. That was very inconsiderate.

Return to “Case Histories”