Swedish television

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Swedish television

Post by thunder » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:08 am

Case Histories is being showed on Swedish television (SVT 1), starting tonight. Probably just interesting for Scandinavians but:

http://jimpys.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/ ... t-godkand/ (It's in Swedish, he/she say they like it, and that JI is great in it)

They have renamed it "Brottsplats Edinburgh" ("Crime Scene Edinburgh").

Lizzie

Re: Swedish television

Post by Lizzie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Great to hear it's interesting enough to be aired in other countries. I'm hoping mine won't take too long to pick it up. I did understand most of it but sometimes our JI talked too silent or too fast that I missed a few things. :-s Fingers crossed!

Lizzie

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 am

I hope Norwegian channels will show it too. I watched it yesterday. (Gave me an excuse to watch it yet another time since it was on TV :mrgreen: ) They send it in 3 parts (this was the first one). And it was edited down a bit, but most people won't know what they are missing... Though I don't see why they couldn't have made room for another 5 minutes on their schedule and get the whole thing.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:17 pm

I am seriously intrigued by the word "brottsplats" . . .

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Brottsplats means "crime scene" (That's the closest English expression I can think of). Brott = (Law)break, plats = place. :furthermore And that was the Swedish lesson for today (from a Norwegian person, so take it with a pinch of salt ;-) )

inamac

Post by inamac » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:09 am

thunder wrote:Brottsplats means "crime scene" (That's the closest English expression I can think of). Brott = (Law)break, plats = place. :furthermore And that was the Swedish lesson for today (from a Norwegian person, so take it with a pinch of salt ;-) )
Fascinating. I must listen to that the next time I watch Wallander. (I wonder whether the BBCs sale of Case Histories was a swap for Wallander?)

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 am

Well, it's quite common for UK series being aired in Scandinavia... so I don't think it's a swap deal. But, who knows? :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:50 pm

It's on Norwegian TV tonight! :wheee :wheee Another excuse to watch it again. :mrgreen:
It's called Brodies Mysterier (Brodie's Mysteries, if you didn't already guess) in Norwegian...

Edit: Watched it, and they have edited it down too, but not the same as the Swedish channel... :scratch

I thought the Norwegian editing was better, but it might be me just being patriotic...

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Well, unfortunately, Case Histories hasn't made it to the Belgian telly yet but I think it's available in the DVD shop. I'm not sure yet since it's only the title but I'm going shopping this weekend so I can hopefully return with the series!

Lizzie

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Sorry about the double post and even though I can't report yet that Case Histories has made it to Belgian telly, it has made it to our DVD stores now. I haven't found it thus far obviously even though it does appear on some websites but now I'm sure. They finally put a picture up and it's our favourite actor's face on the cover. :mrgreen:

Lizzie

Return to “Case Histories”