Episode 1-13: Turtles All the Way Down

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Episode 1-13: Turtles All the Way Down

Post by Marie » Tue May 29, 2012 12:36 pm

LOL "You've seen a penguin before - stop looking at my feet." I can see where the actor who played Vega is well known for his talent in comedy. He just so nailed that scene.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue May 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Vega was in That 70's Show, and played Fez. It was a strong cast, but I think that he stole every scene he was in- especially in the first few years.

Did I say this already? Hmm... I think I did, but what the hey, I *really* appreciated Michael telling the shrinks to shut up (although, the little evil voice in my head said, "Oh, just knock their heads together, Michael, they really deserve it").

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:25 am

LadySekhmet wrote:Vega was in That 70's Show, and played Fez. It was a strong cast, but I think that he stole every scene he was in- especially in the first few years.

Did I say this already? Hmm... I think I did, but what the hey, I *really* appreciated Michael telling the shrinks to shut up
(although, the little evil voice in my head said, "Oh, just knock their heads together, Michael, they really deserve it").
LOL, LadySekhmet. ::rofl Good one.
I find it funny I agree with BD Wong's character on L&O:SVU, but he :soap me off when he counsels Michael. :loco Go figure. :scratch

~ML :adore :hug :cherub

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:52 am

Just found this interview to Wilmer Valderrama

http://www.assignmentx.com/2015/minorit ... interview/

On it there is this bit:

AX: Speaking of AWAKE, which had Jason Isaacs as a police detective who kept waking up in two different realities, do you know what was going on at the very end, where he woke up and the realities seemed to have merged, but then there was a hint he was still dreaming?

VALDERRAMA: AWAKE, it was crazy. I just saw [AWAKE creator] Kyle Killen in Austin, Texas, for the TV festival, and it was awesome, because we started talking about, so what did the last episode mean? The idea was, when [Isaac’s character] saw his wife and his kid in the same kitchen alive, together and well, that he had developed a third reality. He was so exhausted by not really sleeping, because he was living in two different worlds and waking up in one, waking up in the other one, that he was so exhausted, he developed a third reality. So the idea was that he saw his wife and his kid, and then he looked down and there was a penguin [indicating he was still dreaming]. It’s like this is probably not real. I miss Steve Harris, I miss Jason Isaacs, and I miss working with Howard Gordon and Kyle Killen. Those guys were just super-smart.

So... is he dreaming all the time? Both in the red and green world? Does he see penguins in the green world? I'm about to rewatch Awake again. Just have to recover from my Chilean jet lag...

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:33 pm

I think he saw the penguins in both worlds in the penguin-episode... But they were always very clear about one of the realities being the real world. It doesn't rule out Michael not dreaming in that world... I really like the series for keeping it possible that both the green and red could be the real world, so every time I see it it's a different story based on what reality I think it's real. I'm glad they never got to reveal the truth.

Return to “Awake”