Twitter posts

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Re: Twitter posts

Post by fruitbat » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks Blisster and Marianne. :D

And Thunder...Image

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:54 pm

A little bird (actually a big honcho) told me that NBC is about to announce a premiere date for 'Awake.'

I'll believe it when I hear it. :pig

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Finally (I hope..................!)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 pm

Well, it's all relative. "Is about to" can mean today, this week, month, decade... :???: :cafe

blisster

Post by blisster » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Here’s a bit of detail from what I saw of yesterday’s filming.

For about 10-15 minutes nothing happened, just the behind the scenes people (director, camera operator, stunt coordinator???) grouped together off to one side of the street, and two groups of extras. I had inadvertently joined one of those groups and began talking about Awake and various other TV shows. Ugh, apparently most of them don’t watch TV :roll: and/or can’t understand the storylines on some shows :tchuh:

What was filmed first was the stunt. A car almost hits Jason’s character (he wasn’t there for that shot, nor his stunt double), just the car hitting the fire hydrant and water shooting up in the air. Then another down time of about 5 minutes where they fix the curb, the plants and move the cars more toward the middle of the street. Then JASON!!! He had been hiding behind a tent or was inside a shop. He gets between the cars then collapses as if hit by the car. They do this a couple of times, and one of him lying on a blue mat on the street with another actor asking if his character’s okay. The next shot is of him getting shakily up and running off to where I HAD BEEN! but stupidly left because I thought the other side of the street had a better view :rave After another 5-10 minutes of nothing, and my lunch hour almost up, I left. Plus according to the article in the Montrose Patch, they would be moving the filming to the BBQ Restaurant.

Marianne

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks for that tantalizing report, Marianne--I commend you on your conscientiousness. I might have had to develop a sudden allergic reaction or something-- :gah: "sorry, can't imagine what was in that taco I just ate--I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow, boss."

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 pm

I had inadvertently joined one of those groups

I wonder if that qualifies you for a SAG card?

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:32 pm

I wouldn't have left until they're done :) It's so exciting :D
Jason would have recognized you if he saw you. He gave you a special KISS in NY!!!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:42 am

Thank you Marianne for thinking of us and posting your Jason encounter :woot

I'm with Hilary, oh man that taco had me in the bathroom for hours, and with Char, I would have stayed until the sun went down!! LOL :hug :hands :wheee

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:05 pm

just now from Nicole Burke:

nicoleburkeAD Nicole Burke
Are you ready for some football? #Superbowl XLVI Don't care who wins but look for #AWAKE preview.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm

kjshd05 wrote:just now from Nicole Burke:

nicoleburkeAD Nicole Burke
Are you ready for some football? #Superbowl XLVI Don't care who wins but look for #AWAKE preview.
Crap! Does this mean that I have to watch the Superbowl now instead of the planned 2 episodes of Downton Abbey and the third ep of Sherlock, series 2?

I mean "Excellent!" :oops:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Love Jason; loathe football. Hafta admit, it's Downton Abbey for me, fruitbat. You won't be alone.

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 am

I feel the same way, Helen and fruitbat....I am not a football fan either but for the opportunity to see Jason, I did watch but Downton Abbey is my definite choice on Sunday nights as well.

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:55 am

I used my DVR for Downton Abbey, and watched after the game...The promo came on with 2 minutes remaining, and as Char stated, that is
very good PRESS... :woot

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:44 pm

So, that was it? Just one commercial . . . near the end of the game. Gee. Could they spare the effort? :roll:

I suppose one commercial is better than none. At least it's generating a lot of buzz in YouTube world and Twitterdom. :hands

Return to “Awake”