New pictures

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

LadySekhmet

Re: New pictures

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:06 am

Well, whoever did the two shadows might have gotten all deep and symbolic on us, because if you look at the shadows they are two different heights and shapes. So I would suspect that the shadows are supposed to represent his wife and his son, and not *his own* shadow at all. Oh...that's very sneaky photo-makers person. Well played. :cool:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:58 am

You got it, Lady S! :yip

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Totally agree, LadyS....that was my first thought (shadows represent wife/son)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:18 pm

Wow, I didn't notice that. Makes it even better :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Me neither, thunder. That's why I offered up a beer to Lady S for her very sharp eye!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Thank you. ;^)

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 pm

I thought they had put in the two shadows that looked like individual people to make it look like the two sides of his character ... two sides ... two realities ... two separate body shadows.

I wasn't insulting the picture. Most people that I know of just call images that have been photoshopped or changed as manipulations or manips.

I would have thought that even two light sources wouldn't show full shadows of the body off of just each leg. {shrugs}

~Beth (Michigan)

(Edited to add after reading the rest of the responses on the thread) P.S. I see in later replies on this thread that LadyS seemed to feel it was two separate ones, etc too. I like the symbolism that she thought of. I recognized that they were two different shadow heights, but I didn't think of it them as one being the wife and one being the son. I had just took it as both sides of him. Nice way to look at it LadyS.

thunder wrote:Two different light sources from the side, therefore two shadows. And they both have two legs... Why would anyone bother to draw in two shadows? if it was a manipulation, there would rather have been no shadow. You can even see the third shadow in front of him coming from the car. Probably some photoshopping involved, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a manipulation.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm sorry Beth, I didn't think you were insulting the picture.

Return to “Awake”