New pictures

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

catloveyes

Re: New pictures

Post by catloveyes » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Thank you for these gorgeous pics, Char and Thunder...wonderful!! :hug :hug

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:28 pm

*drrolingquiteheavily* Yes, thank you. :wheee

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:41 am

Sky Atlantic has a lot of promo pics I haven't seen before (playing tennis, i.e.)

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/awake/awake- ... -new-drama

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:16 am

Thank you, thank you, thunder. I'm again angry at NBC's pitiful promotion. :twisted:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:49 am

Thanks, Thunder! Nice!
NBC really needs to gets its head out its *****, which might be difficult since it seems to be firmly lodged there permanently. Our needs & wants as viewers are changing & we *do* have other options for smart shows. Some us really don't give a flying F about reality shows & over the top talent shows run by egos. Their lack of promotion for this show was staggeringly apparent. Granted, it might have been hard to pull off more than a second season- but I'm sure they would've risen to the challenge for at least one more season. I'm curious if Sky's promotion is better than NBC...

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm curious if Sky's promotion is better than NBC...

Cain't say as I remember NBC givin' us 74 pictures all at once. :scratch

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 pm

What I was thinking-but didn't verbalize at that moment due to a severe lack of AM coffee- was that we, here in the US, can't see what other types of promotional things they might be doing (commercials, talkshows, billboards, signage, newspaper ads, etc.) over there in the UK. NBC -apparently- believes that everyone in the US lives in LA & NYC- so it seems they only dealt with those cities. Maybe kjshd saw some- but I never saw a bus wrap, a sign at a bus-stop, or a billboard in Philadelphia. And Comcast, the owner, I think, of NBC, has their main offices in Phila.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:33 am

I saw ads on tv, which lessened to none as the series progressed. Nothing Else. NO buses, NO billboards, :finger: :bag:

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:12 am

Let's just say there were room for improvement...

At one point I managed to find a preview for the next episode after :obvious answer the title of the episode, spotting what I guessed was the first half of the first word of the title of the clip. Then I managed to guess the rest of the title, and find it hidden away on HULU somewhere along with another preview from the same episode. That's their PROMO material. Another time, they promoted the next episode on Twitter by linking to something that hadn't been updated since 4 episodes back. :roll: And their own Awake site was pretty much neglected since episode 4.

:razzlite

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 am

Sounds more like nomotion than promotion.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Hmm...that is a shame. :-( I can, however, understand it some way. I suppose, logically, since the show was cancelled here, they know that there will be no more episodes filmed here at least, so I guess they don't feel the need to promote it. How sad. Still you'd think that they'd at least like for it to go out with a bang rather than a whimper-I mean- they did lay out some cash for it.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:24 am

http://yunona77.tumblr.com/image/46668784867

Yunona77 on tumblr posted this promopic that I haven't seen before of soaking wet Michael Britten.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:30 pm

well, that thar is lovely, if I could only remember which episode it's from...? Jason certainly doesn't seem to mind being all wet, does he? Anyone have an umbrella for the poor guy... e

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:06 pm

This picture looks like a promo still or manipulation (more like a manipulation either professionally or personally) because of the shadow coming off his legs. If you look, instead of it being a full shadow, it is as if there are two different "people's" shadows that are seen ... one person on each leg.

~Beth

thunder wrote:http://yunona77.tumblr.com/image/46668784867

Yunona77 on tumblr posted this promopic that I haven't seen before of soaking wet Michael Britten.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:22 am

Two different light sources from the side, therefore two shadows. And they both have two legs... Why would anyone bother to draw in two shadows? if it was a manipulation, there would rather have been no shadow. You can even see the third shadow in front of him coming from the car. Probably some photoshopping involved, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a manipulation.

Return to “Awake”