"Awake" similar to another show?

This story of a police officer living with the aftermath of a fatal car crash (originally titled "REM") aired on NBC.

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie

fruitbat

"Awake" similar to another show?

Post by fruitbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I posted some interviews on "The other board I frequent" and someone just posted that she swears she's seen this show (or at least this premise), before. She's the second poster on a short thread to say this. The first person posted in November that she'd seen the pilot already. :roll:

Frankly, it's ticking me off a bit as I feel it detracts from the point of it all! :-(

So, I ask here, does the premise for Awake sound familiar? I am quite sure they don't mean Life on Mars,(car accident/alternate reality) and I can't think of anything else.

MTA; my response on that thread: Whatever else other shows might have had, they didn't have Jason Isaacs in the lead.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: "Awake" similar to another show?

Post by Chari910 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Who could forget Jason?!?! They didn't know what they saw before. LOL

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: "Awake" similar to another show?

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 am

I've never seen a premise like this. Oh you could draw general parallels to Fringe or Inception (movie). I happen to love off-beat plots so I would think I'd remember if I saw something like this.