"Awake" similar to another show?

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

"Awake" similar to another show?

Post by fruitbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I posted some interviews on "The other board I frequent" and someone just posted that she swears she's seen this show (or at least this premise), before. She's the second poster on a short thread to say this. The first person posted in November that she'd seen the pilot already. :roll:

Frankly, it's ticking me off a bit as I feel it detracts from the point of it all! :-(

So, I ask here, does the premise for Awake sound familiar? I am quite sure they don't mean Life on Mars,(car accident/alternate reality) and I can't think of anything else.

MTA; my response on that thread: Whatever else other shows might have had, they didn't have Jason Isaacs in the lead.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: "Awake" similar to another show?

Post by Chari910 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Who could forget Jason?!?! They didn't know what they saw before. LOL

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: "Awake" similar to another show?

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 am

I've never seen a premise like this. Oh you could draw general parallels to Fringe or Inception (movie). I happen to love off-beat plots so I would think I'd remember if I saw something like this.

Return to “Awake”