TV Ratings/Numbers

This story of a police officer living with the aftermath of a fatal car crash (originally titled "REM") aired on NBC.

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie

Post Reply
User avatar
Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:37 am
Location: Indialantic, FL

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by Marie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:51 am

I have no doubt we will see all 13 episodes - I'm just worried that they will not renew it for next season. Leaving us with all the unanswered questions about Mark Britton's fragile hold on reality (well I guess perhaps he does not even have a fragile hold on reality now does he?)

fruitbat
Posts: 2068
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:50 am
Location: Just hangin' around.

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by fruitbat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:46 am

I signed the petition and posted it on my facebook profile and "the other board" and on twitter.

Would it be gauche to post it on NBC's own Awake facebook page (or really smart)?

User avatar
LadySekhmet
Posts: 930
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: The Jolly Roger

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 am

lol. I thought about doing that too, fruitbat! One of my work friends is hoping that a cable channel will pick it up, if NBC decides to cancel it.

User avatar
Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:37 am
Location: Indialantic, FL

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by Marie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Well I'd be perfect for SciFy - except they seem more interested in wrestling and reality TV now .......................

KissInAboxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by KissInAboxx » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:39 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:lol. I thought about doing that too, fruitbat! One of my work friends is hoping that a cable channel will pick it up, if NBC decides to cancel it.
Wouldn't that be fabulous.. it probably should have been on cable anyway.. AMC would have been a nice fit.. Are there any plans in the works to get the word out for this weeks show. We're always trying to trend #Awake, but we've not had much success. Its infuriating..

KissInAboxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by KissInAboxx » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 pm

I am with Jason in this interview - http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 5528.story.. I'm happy they told the story.. even if we don't get an ending. I would like one, don't get me wrong, but it has been a fascinating story even if it has no ending.. Hell.. without an ending doesn't that leave a massive opening for the inevitable fan fictions! :woot

User avatar
Lizzie
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by Lizzie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:41 pm

To avoid any spoilers for this season, I'm going to avoid this topic until I've seen it myself. I have read some reviews in Dutch and several comments in French and German that it's a great series and there should be a second season. I can only hope it'll make it to Europe some day!

Lizzie

ln419

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by ln419 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm

From the sound of that interview (from the LA times), it just sounded like he knew it was completed already. I wonder if Jason would want to continue the Britten character on another network, or work on the other project he sold to FX? Being the very loyal person he is, IF someone else picked it up, I'm betting he'd keep Britten alive (albeit confused). If noone picks it up-and what a tragedy that would be, it'd be great if Kyle, and some of the other writers could do a show on where they were planning to go with the story, just to give some closure, and to stop all the guess work, because at the end of what is in the can currently, the only question I think answered is WHY the accident? and not which or why or how. I guess the best we can hope for is that someone GREAT will pick it up and let them run with it and make trouble-hopefully on a station that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! ln

User avatar
LadySekhmet
Posts: 930
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: The Jolly Roger

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Maybe... but then why is he staying up all night reading comments and reviews, if he already knows its not going to be renewed (unless they are on the edge)? I mean... he could just stay up all night playing World of Warcraft for his insomnia instead (and it'd be a lot less stressful!).

KissInAboxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by KissInAboxx » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:Maybe... but then why is he staying up all night reading comments and reviews, if he already knows its not going to be renewed (unless they are on the edge)? I mean... he could just stay up all night playing World of Warcraft for his insomnia instead (and it'd be a lot less stressful!).
I don't know.. World of Warcraft can be pretty intense.. ha ha.. Not really.. I don't really know myself, but I've heard rumors.
He may be like every actor/artist I've ever worked with, which is to say he seeks approval from all sources. After all, its nice to have someone say you've done a good job and told a good story. Maybe he just wants people to approve of the choice he made, after all.. he did put off producing something for FX to undertake the "Awake" project. I would say that he cares an awful lot about the story. That's the gist of what I get from his interviews anyway. Again, I'd be remiss in saying that were anything but speculation on my part.

BethMI
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by BethMI » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:19 pm

I signed the petition, posted to Twitter, wrote to NBC through the form etc. I'll pen a letter to the snail mail address too.

I think it would be funny to post the link on the Awake Facebook page. I don't know how well it would go over with NBC ... but it would also show others a place they can go to try to get the show renewed.

~Beth, Michigan

ln419

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by ln419 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 am

I think you're absolutly correct, he's always said he loves to "mine" and to figure out what makes other people tick, and reading what is written about the show and himself is doing just that: IF it gets to go somewhere, then he has an idea of what viewers are saying and thinking (aside from "I love it" or "I love JI"), but rather being more specific, and he can bring that back, we know how he loves doing research, it just seems like a way for him to learn. Maybe it's not like that in the UK, of course, I could be wrong as snow in August. And also you're right, how great is it to read tons of stuff where a gazillion people aren't drooling over you, but rather saying how great a character actor you are. That's got to be refeshing for him, and just really nice, who wouldn't want to stay up all night and read it all? He makes consistantly good choices in his work (and I have a feeling he has a pretty smart "partner in crime" helping him make those choices, although I could be wrong there too). I think when all is said and done, we may all miss Michael Britten more than we anticipated missing this particular character. I think we let Michael get under our skin more than other ongoing roles, and this was really the first huge staring role Jason has had where the whole show has rested on his shouldes, it was lovely. I've chatted at work, in the family, (don't know how to tweet-sorry!), FB'd, snail mailed, stood on my head and twitched my ears and nose...I don't think it helped. I'm glad I got to be on the ride though, I wouldn't have missed it for all the world. ln

User avatar
Helen8
Pillar of the Community
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:18 am
Location: SoCal

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by Helen8 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

Hey! It ain't over until the peacock sings.

KissInAboxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by KissInAboxx » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 am

Again, I could IMAGINE that it would be very tiring to always be judged by how pretty you are.. and not by the work you've done. Don't get me wrong, the man is like a cool drink of water on a Florida summers day, but I imagine its somewhat tiresome to only hear that. For instance, his work in "Good" was fantastic. I'm not one to cry at movie. I've worked in theater long enough that most things glance of my jaded mind without a single blip to my emotional radar. Acting is just acting.. move on.. blah blah.. However.. In Good when he asks for his friend to get him a ticket out, I cried. He played a desperate man clinging to the last vestiges of his pride with such conviction that it drew me in and made me forget that they were actors and not people in a horribly desperate situation.
Back to Awake.. I think that there is some seriously good acting and I think its going to get better. As we see Mike crack, losing the tentative grip he has on his realities, I think we will see Jason really bust out his best acting chops. Actors can only do so much with what they are given and the writing has been getting better and better as this show goes along. Jason said himself, people like to watch others struggle;a terrible concept, but very true. I think that follows with most stories. It wouldn't be very interesting if they just threw out the answer to everything in the first 5 minutes and then showed his decline.. We'd know the answer, why watch the play? Why read the book? Kinda like flipping to the end of a good mystery novel and finding out the butler did it.
But I digress, Jason chose Awake for the story and I feel privileged to be along for the ride; even if the ride is just to the corner store and not a cross country trip. We shall see if the fat lady sings or waits around for a few more numbers.

ln419 wrote:I think you're absolutly correct, he's always said he loves to "mine" and to figure out what makes other people tick, and reading what is written about the show and himself is doing just that: IF it gets to go somewhere, then he has an idea of what viewers are saying and thinking (aside from "I love it" or "I love JI"), but rather being more specific, and he can bring that back, we know how he loves doing research, it just seems like a way for him to learn. Maybe it's not like that in the UK, of course, I could be wrong as snow in August. And also you're right, how great is it to read tons of stuff where a gazillion people aren't drooling over you, but rather saying how great a character actor you are. That's got to be refeshing for him, and just really nice, who wouldn't want to stay up all night and read it all? He makes consistantly good choices in his work (and I have a feeling he has a pretty smart "partner in crime" helping him make those choices, although I could be wrong there too). I think when all is said and done, we may all miss Michael Britten more than we anticipated missing this particular character. I think we let Michael get under our skin more than other ongoing roles, and this was really the first huge staring role Jason has had where the whole show has rested on his shouldes, it was lovely. I've chatted at work, in the family, (don't know how to tweet-sorry!), FB'd, snail mailed, stood on my head and twitched my ears and nose...I don't think it helped. I'm glad I got to be on the ride though, I wouldn't have missed it for all the world. ln

Angel Tavington
Posts: 4968
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Col. Tavington's tent
Contact:

Re: TV Ratings/Numbers

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 am

LadySekhmet wrote:Hi,

Did anyone see this? It is a petition to renew Awake:
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/awake-petition-22641/
I signed the petition and we need more people to sign it too.


~me

Post Reply