A SINGLE SHOT

Jason plays a vengeful backwoods criminal in pursuit of a hapless Sam Rockwell

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

LadySekhmet

Re: A SINGLE SHOT

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Holy Blue Eyes, Batman! Tats? What tats? ;-)
Thanks, thunder!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:44 pm

I don't believe I've ever seen him in pink, so I've decided he looks great (tats or no, horrid wig or not, as long as we know the eyes...) in every color; yup, he should wear more colors, not necessarily Charlie Beck type polyester button down colored shirts, but that t-shirt, why not? If it's not getting too personal, his wardrobe must look bruised, ya know all black and blue (ok, and some white). He loks REALLY good in colors.

CaseHistories

Post by CaseHistories » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 pm

thunder wrote:A blurry pic of JI here (scroll down):

http://tracychui00.pixnet.net/blog/post ... 4%EF%BD%9E

They seemed more interested in Sam Rockwell.
For those who do not read Chinese, and find that Google Translate may not make sense, here is a summary of what Tracy (the lady who wrote the blog, and who worked at the coffee shop/breakfast place) had to say.

Tracy would love to have her picture taken with Jason Isaacs, but it was not possible because the tattoos on his body were considered intellectual property. The powers that be did not want early exposure. But Jason was very nice and made sure she did not feel bad about it. He chatted with her for several minutes. When it was break time, he saw that she was in the kitchen area with her iphone, so he motioned to her to take a quick snapshot. That explained why the picture turned out blurry.

She ended by writing that Jason was very considerate to her, an “old fan”, and she was very moved.
Last edited by CaseHistories on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks, CaseHistories! What a great story. Wow, that was really, really nice of him. He didn't have to do it, but he did. Good man! :cherub

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:02 pm

One of the tattoos on his neck looks like a swastika--that must have been a strange sensation to be sportin'.
Great contrast to that charming story!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:53 pm

So what do we know about this character so far?

Thanks, Thunder. I think that's the Iron Cross at his neck.

According to wiki, "88". in addition to being the "natural number following 87 and preceding 89" (sorry, but is there something complex and magically mathematical in that definition that I am missing Image ) is used by Neo-Nazis as a code to represent the slogan Heil Hitler.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 pm

But in contrast to all that neo-nazi crapola will be Dawn, where there is plenty of hate, but in the small vignette of the story, the hate is sort of lost in the story. And while he dies, he dies more of an everyday "joe hero's" death, not that the English were heros, but John Dawson didn't DO anything but be kidnapped, to be sacraficed on the alter of polictics. Ooops, wrong thread, this has one foot in A single shot with its tats, and one foot in Dawn, please excuse me ladies! (I'm taking a break from doing a driving school thing online, and it's making me TOTALLY crazy, very annoying, but better than paying the speeding fine and getting it on you permanent record!). Ok, back to Driving 101...LN

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 pm

is used by Neo-Nazis as a code to represent the slogan Heil Hitler.

Wiki goes on to say: The letter H is eighth in the alphabet, so 88 is meant to stand for HH.

Holy crap! Those are my initials . . . as in Helen8. :shock:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 am

Hey guys, it's Movember!

Hoping that someone with time, talent and a varied collection of Jason pics makes a collage of all Jason's moustachioed characters. :oops:

MTA: I assume everyone figured out that my comment is in relation to the facial hair aspect. Posting while working does not lead to coherent messages. :oops:

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 am

Maybe we should get a new thread for that? I'm up for it. :mrgreen:

Everything is better than grading papers

We can have a poll :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4578

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:16 am

Hmmm...so I am home sick and avoiding all projects that I could do by looking something up on IMDb (something not Jason), but then I decided to take a peek at Himself's page. There is an article about Singleshot being released (I think??) at the 2013 Sundance Festival. The actual article it doesn't seem to give very much (any?) information aside from it's cryptic title and a list of artists associated with the film.

http://www.ioncinema.com/news/festival- ... ingle-shot

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi all,

Look what I found! An article about Single Shot going to the Berlin International Film Festival:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... e-20130116

Not a single photo of the man himself. Booooo!

And here is the page for the film festival -no worries it's written in English. There is a little blurb (a sentence or two) in the 2nd to last paragraph. No photos.

https://www.berlinale.de/en/presse/pres ... 16596.html

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Thanks, LadyS. :hug
About there being no pictures of Jason Isaacs (apart from the one on IMDB), I think they are saving the best for the movie. :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 pm

You're welcome. Let's hope! (I hope the lack doesn't indicate a small bit of screen time.)

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm

He looks good. Long hair suits him. *sighing*

~ML :adore :loco :brows :cool:

Return to “A Single Shot”